PDA

View Full Version : 110 rear suspention noise

coniston
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I hope someone can help i have a twang/bang noise coming from the rear it makes the noise after turning/changing direction or when turning into a drive way i have had a look under and the only thing i see is some play in the shock bushings ????? 1994 110 csw 300tdi
Thanks Ian

Les Parker
06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Have you checked the rear radius arms (both the front triangular and rear) bushings?
Also the top A frame mounting bushings along with the A frame to rear axle ball joint, all of the above can generate some interesting moans and groans and in extreme cases can cause the whole back axle to meander like a lost sheep, down the road.

coniston
06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Les i will have to have a 2nd look

coniston
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi Les while a iam talking to you, you sent me a rear half shaft a few weeks ago, all is going great, THANKS , can you tell me are the stub axle seals the same as the ones in the front axle i am going to pull off the front bearings are change the front bearings and seals but i would like to know this before i pulled it apart many thanks Ian

Les Parker
06-10-2011, 04:18 PM
If I recall correctly, you have a disc rear axle assy? If so, the front and rear hub seals are the same. If not the front have an inner and outer seal fitted.

:)