PDA

View Full Version : Not a good rover week

rejeep
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
After the filter adapter leak was all good and fixed today I figured while I was dirty I would swap out the cap and rotor and check the points and plugs..
Whatever cheap wire set I threw on the truck last time was all cracked and broken by the boots..
Like an idiot I figured it must have been like that for a while and should make no a difference..
Started the motor and it fired right up ran for about 30 seconds after a few revs and died...
Engine cranks strong, but doesn't catch now..

I noticed the coil was hot, real hot.. Other than that all appears to be normal.. No smoke or anything...

In all likelihood did I fry the coil? I couldn't see a resistor in the engine compartment..

rejeep
06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
fried coil..
had new intermotor internal resistor in stock as well as 7mm plug wires from a ??? needed 2 sets just for a precise length..

Cutter
06-10-2011, 03:31 PM
That wasn't too bad, at least you figured it out. Funny how things break in unison. I swear these trucks have fits at times. Nothing like a good dysfunctional relationship.

rejeep
06-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Problem with message boards as a whole is it's a lot easier to type a problem than go out and fix it...
I often times, as we all do, jump right for the computer when I have a problem...
Probably mostly due to the fact that misery loves company, but it's also nice to have other people troubleshoot problems blindly...:rolleyes: