X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mongoswede
    5th Gear
    • May 2010

Thoughts on price: 73 SIII Petrol,

So I bought a 73 Petrol Series III 88" truck a couple of years ago and have been working on it since then. The truck was torn apart and the bulkhead and chassis were ditched as they were shot. I found a used frame, repaired a few small spots on it, descaled it and painted it in POR15. I refinished and POR'd the springs as well. The drive train is currently bolted onto the chassis and it all sits on rolling axles. I also have a cleaned up, sealed, primed, and painted bulkhead from a series IIA already to go. Vents have also been painted along with a brand new radiator support. I have the rest of the body and lots of other odds and ends. I am thinking I might just try to sell it as it is and think $5000 is reasonable given its condition and whats left to do. Thoughts?
  • LaneRover
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mongoswede
    So I bought a 73 Petrol Series III 88" truck a couple of years ago and have been working on it since then. The truck was torn apart and the bulkhead and chassis were ditched as they were shot. I found a used frame, repaired a few small spots on it, descaled it and painted it in POR15. I refinished and POR'd the springs as well. The drive train is currently bolted onto the chassis and it all sits on rolling axles. I also have a cleaned up, sealed, primed, and painted bulkhead from a series IIA already to go. Vents have also been painted along with a brand new radiator support. I have the rest of the body and lots of other odds and ends. I am thinking I might just try to sell it as it is and think $5000 is reasonable given its condition and whats left to do. Thoughts?
    I think $5000 is gonna be hard. Unless I am misunderstanding and it is almost all together but it sounds like it is still in parts.

It will at least take a lot of time and possible offers of, "I'll help you get it to your place!"
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• mongoswede
      5th Gear
      • May 2010

Originally posted by LaneRover
      I think $5000 is gonna be hard. Unless I am misunderstanding and it is almost all together but it sounds like it is still in parts.

It will at least take a lot of time and possible offers of, "I'll help you get it to your place!"
      Yep. Needs reassembly. I may not sell it until its complete but figured id get opinions. I am training and preparing for a rally in september so my rover projects are all on hold right now.

Comment

• LaneRover
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

Completed you have a decent chance at that.
        1969 109 P-UP

Comment

• mongoswede
          5th Gear
          • May 2010

Originally posted by LaneRover
          Completed you have a decent chance at that.
          Completed id expect a lot more than 5k. Not having a galvanized frame is a detractor from overall value but this thing is on track for being a well sorted machine when done. Just was pondering selling it now to cover some of the rally costs.

Comment

• LaneRover
            Overdrive
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mongoswede
            Completed id expect a lot more than 5k. Not having a galvanized frame is a detractor from overall value but this thing is on track for being a well sorted machine when done. Just was pondering selling it now to cover some of the rally costs.
            Honestly I forgot all that would have been done and was just recalling that I got a '66 88 on a Galvanized chassis for about $5K. But it needed a fair amount of work especially to the brakes. With all the work you've done I think you probably get more than 5K - especially if they ship it somewhere with no salt!
            1969 109 P-UP

Comment

Working...