PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on price: 73 SIII Petrol,

mongoswede
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
So I bought a 73 Petrol Series III 88" truck a couple of years ago and have been working on it since then. The truck was torn apart and the bulkhead and chassis were ditched as they were shot. I found a used frame, repaired a few small spots on it, descaled it and painted it in POR15. I refinished and POR'd the springs as well. The drive train is currently bolted onto the chassis and it all sits on rolling axles. I also have a cleaned up, sealed, primed, and painted bulkhead from a series IIA already to go. Vents have also been painted along with a brand new radiator support. I have the rest of the body and lots of other odds and ends. I am thinking I might just try to sell it as it is and think $5000 is reasonable given its condition and whats left to do. Thoughts?

LaneRover
06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
So I bought a 73 Petrol Series III 88" truck a couple of years ago and have been working on it since then. The truck was torn apart and the bulkhead and chassis were ditched as they were shot. I found a used frame, repaired a few small spots on it, descaled it and painted it in POR15. I refinished and POR'd the springs as well. The drive train is currently bolted onto the chassis and it all sits on rolling axles. I also have a cleaned up, sealed, primed, and painted bulkhead from a series IIA already to go. Vents have also been painted along with a brand new radiator support. I have the rest of the body and lots of other odds and ends. I am thinking I might just try to sell it as it is and think $5000 is reasonable given its condition and whats left to do. Thoughts?

I think $5000 is gonna be hard. Unless I am misunderstanding and it is almost all together but it sounds like it is still in parts.

It will at least take a lot of time and possible offers of, "I'll help you get it to your place!"

mongoswede
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
I think $5000 is gonna be hard. Unless I am misunderstanding and it is almost all together but it sounds like it is still in parts.

It will at least take a lot of time and possible offers of, "I'll help you get it to your place!"

Yep. Needs reassembly. I may not sell it until its complete but figured id get opinions. I am training and preparing for a rally in september so my rover projects are all on hold right now.

LaneRover
06-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Completed you have a decent chance at that.

mongoswede
06-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Completed you have a decent chance at that.

Completed id expect a lot more than 5k. Not having a galvanized frame is a detractor from overall value but this thing is on track for being a well sorted machine when done. Just was pondering selling it now to cover some of the rally costs. :thumb-up:

LaneRover
06-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Completed id expect a lot more than 5k. Not having a galvanized frame is a detractor from overall value but this thing is on track for being a well sorted machine when done. Just was pondering selling it now to cover some of the rally costs. :thumb-up:

Honestly I forgot all that would have been done and was just recalling that I got a '66 88 on a Galvanized chassis for about $5K. But it needed a fair amount of work especially to the brakes. With all the work you've done I think you probably get more than 5K - especially if they ship it somewhere with no salt!