PDA

View Full Version : Clutch flex hose r&r

printjunky
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Any hints on getting the flex hose out? I have the floors, tunnel and that forward shroud out, so that end's pretty easy to access, but the other end looks like a bear to get to. Note that the fittings are well corroded, which is likely to cause me extra trouble. Add to that, I'm likely to be doing it out in the rain this weekend, so any tips will be welcome.

stomper
06-17-2011, 05:40 AM
I was advised to pick up a new hard line, as the end will likely twist off when you try and remove the flex line, I used some PB Blaster, and I drilled out the 2 pop rivets that hold the fixing plate to the bulkhead. It allowed me enough room to undo the fittings from under the hood. (remove the air cleaner). In the end, I was able to reuse the old hard line, as it didn't break, and was in decent condition. The pop rivets that hold the bracket to the bulkhead can be accessed from the passenger side footwell on the inside of the truck when you go to re-install the bracket.

LaneRover
06-17-2011, 05:48 AM
IF you spend an hour setting up a tarp to keep you dry it will come out in about 5 minutes. If you don't one end will come off giving you a false sense of hope and then the other will take a couple hours . . .

Other than my joking around I'd agree with Stomper.

printjunky
06-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I'll give it a hit of PB when I get home. Try removal tomorrow.

Tarp's a good idea. I should figure some kind of temporary cover. (since I want to get the slave, flex, reverse switch, speedo cable ... worked on this weekend, as well as then, re-button the floors and wing back on.)

I'm pretty sure there has been no project on any of my Rovers that at some point didn't give me a false sense of hope!