PDA

View Full Version : a question on the slave rod adjustment.....

englandseries
06-19-2011, 07:29 PM
So i adjusted the slave on my 2a 109 to the required 2 7/8 and nada ....
So I played around and finally got the clutch working perfectly at almost 3 1/2 inches adjustment? this a ex mil truck and the rod was way longer that the standard rod is this normal for ex-mil trucks???
Just wondering...............

Alk-3
06-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry I cant answer your question, but I'm frustrated by the adjustment process of my trucks clutch. I cannot for the life of me get the clutch to disengage fully. i lengthen the rod, and it still does the same thing. like the rods adjustment has no impact whatsoever on the clutch. I'm about at my whits end! when i adjust it out it works perfectly for two or three peddle pushes, then it just does that same old thing, like its self adjusting no matter what length the rod is set to.

LaneRover
06-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I'm sorry I cant answer your question, but I'm frustrated by the adjustment process of my trucks clutch. I cannot for the life of me get the clutch to disengage fully. i lengthen the rod, and it still does the same thing. like the rods adjustment has no impact whatsoever on the clutch. I'm about at my whits end! when i adjust it out it works perfectly for two or three peddle pushes, then it just does that same old thing, like its self adjusting no matter what length the rod is set to.

I would check for worn linkages in the clutch actuating system. If each link is worn a little it can add up to quite a big difference.

Alk-3
06-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I would check for worn linkages in the clutch actuating system. If each link is worn a little it can add up to quite a big difference.

yes, i have checked, and there is some very slight play here and there, but i don't understand why when i adjust it, it will work fine for two or three presses, then it will 'self level' to exactly the same way it was before. like the adjuster rod has no effect.
It doesn't matter if the adjustment is all the way in, or all the way out, to the point where is only on the by a couple of threads.

LaneRover
06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I believe that the system is set up to 'self adjust'. ie unless you have an actuating rod that is long enough to basically 'ride the clutch' even when the pedal isn't being pressed the system re-adjusts itself to give the same 'throw' or movement. Something about if you adjust the rod longer than there isn't as much hydraulic fluid displaced when the pedal is released so it doesn't push as much next time.

This is why all the worn components have to be fixed to get it to operate properly.

bobzinak
06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Have you checked the rod on the master cyl.? it should not have any play in it. I also had that problem. bobzinak