PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control help needed........

surveyor
06-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Need some of the members expert advice please !!

1997 Discovery........fixed cruise back last fall by replacing all vacumn lines.....worked like a charm afterward. Now all of a sudden it has started acting up. Sometimes when I hit the set button it will engage ......sometimes it won't. I cut off using dash switch....give it a little time and then cut it back on via dash switch......hit set button....it will engage for a few seconds and then disengage. Just very erratic..

The only other thing I have noticed is that about the same time as the cruise started acting up the rear windows did too. Sometimes they work...sometimes they don't ! They too were working perfectly prior to this.

HELP ! http://landroversonly.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Thanks,

Doug

msggunny
06-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Have you checked the brake switch? Its electrical and vacume.

Could be the ECU for the cruise control too, or connections at the pump.

Mine did the same thing, checked everything was good and still not working. Think its the ECU. There is a place on Ebay that repairs them for around $65.

surveyor
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Have you checked the brake switch? Its electrical and vacume.

Could be the ECU for the cruise control too, or connections at the pump.

Mine did the same thing, checked everything was good and still not working. Think its the ECU. There is a place on Ebay that repairs them for around $65.

Thanks msggunny ! Checked brake switch......not that. On the ECU....what normally goes wrong with them ??

Doug