PDA

View Full Version : Bill Vallerand

Jim-ME
04-15-2007, 04:12 AM
I was saddened to read in the most recent RN news that Bill has passed away. Although I only had the chance to meet him once many years ago he was one of the most knowledgeable Rover folks I ever met. His vehicle and parts collection just blew me away. He was the only person at the time that could tell me the build date on my first 88. I also remember that he noticed that my Rover name plate on my grille was a little beat up. He mentioned it to me and then after telling me that he had to make a phone call but he'd be right back went off to make his call. When he returned he handed me a brand new plate still in the wrapping and proceded to say something to the effect that now there will be no doubt that I drive a Rover. When I sold my first Rover something told me to keep that plate which I did. Truth is that plate currently sits proudly on the grill of my current 88. If you loved Rovers you could easily spend half a day there just talking but if you also enjoyed firearms you had better plan on packing a lunch. That was the kind of man Bill was.
Jim