PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Series 2a 109 Wagon for sale!

rldprod
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
OWNERSHIP HISTORY & RESTORATION WORK

I purchased this 1967 LHD Land Rover 2a 109 "Safari" Station Wagon during the year of 2008. The 1967 Series 2a 109 was purchased at a Wisconsin Estate Sale. This Land Rover that has been sitting in a barn for the past 28 years. Being a Land Rover and antique car enthusiast myself, I jumped on this opportunity. When I saw it in person, I fell in love. When I acquired this Land Rover, I inspected the chassis and the body and they were perfect. However, I was told by the seller that the engine was locked. All that the body had was surface rust on a few areas. When I say surface rust, I mean surface rust. The aluminum body is perfect. It does not have any aluminum corrosion. For this car to be sitting for close to 30 years in a barn, it think it’s immaculate. I never titled the car into my name. However, I have the original Wisconsin title and the Bill of Sale with the address of a Wisconsin farm.

The first project that I started to work on with this Land Rover was the issue with the Engine and Starting the Rebuild. I meticulously took off the engine and took it in to have it professionally rebuilt by a professional engineer, at Windy City Engineering, in Chicago, IL. Sadly, the engineer said that the engine had pistons that were locked. I had to purchase new ones. It took me close to one year to find these pistons and to complete the list of other parts that the engineer asked me to buy. The additional parts that I purchased aside from the Pistons were: Piston Rods, Exhaust Valve, Intake Valves, Water Pump Rebuilding Kit, Complete Head Gaskets Set, Engine Block Gasket Set, Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Rod Bushing Bearings and Half Valve Retainers. The engineer bored the engine and the pistons were sized to .040. The pistons alone cost me over $900 plus shipping direct from England. Aside from the pistons and everything else he asked me to buy, I also found and purchased the Engine Motor Mounts, which I replaced when I reinstalled the engine. All of the parts that I took off from the engine were thoroughly cleaned and some of them were painted. I also purchased and replaced all of the Shock Absorbers. After everything was purchased for the engineer, my total costs were close to $2,500. This was only from the list of things that he needed for the engine. This cost did not include the engineer’s labor fee. My goal was only to purchase original Land Rover parts for the engineer and the engine rebuild.

While the engine was being rebuilt, I ordered and replaced all four Wheel Cylinders, including the Clutch Slave Cylinder. The brake lines were not replaced because they seem to be fine. The Brake Line Hoses and Clutch Slave Hose, however, were replaced. I also purchased and installed an original Koenig Winch, from 1967. I also purchased an original Land Rover Dual PTO. This PTO allows you to operate the Winch at the same time while operating a lawn mower, a water pump, PTO generator, etc. etc. etc. I will include the Hydraulic PTO Winch set, and the Hydraulic Koenig winch that is worth approximately $3,300. I have also purchased and just finished installing an Overdrive. The overdrive allows you to drive and go approximately 15 miles faster and it also saves on gas. The overdrive, as I have mentioned, is already installed on the Land Rover. The overdrive is worth approximately $1,000 and not to mention the costs of my labor too. These parts you would have to mount onto the Land Rover yourself. I was not able to get around to doing that.

The interior ceiling in this Land Rover is like new. The ceiling is almost white with some patina. I did not clean the ceiling but just imagine how nice it will look once you do. It’s in perfect condition. During this past winter, I went ahead and sent the Distributor and Carburetor to be Professionally Rebuilt by some great folks in New York. The last project I completed, just last week, was removing the Gas Tank to be Professionally Rebuilt. The interior of the tank was acid washed and was coated with a special coating. The original Parts Book and Service Manuals will be included. Retail value approximately $350.

The tires currently installed are in good condition. They are good to drive around with. However, you should perhaps purchase new tires to make the Land Rover run better. I have and will include the bracket that is used to hang the spare tire onto the back door of the Land Rover. Everything else on this great Land Rover is original. Parts that I had purchased for this Land Rover, were bought either directly from a Land Rover parts store or dealer here in the states or from a Land Rover parts store in England.

Over this past winter, the Seats Professionally Reupholstered. The side of the seats are reupholstered with brown leather and the center of the seats are reupholstered with soft cow hide fur. They are just beautiful to touch and look at. And comfortable to sit on. The cost of the reupholstering was approximately $1,600. The driver-side inside door panel is missing. The remaining door panels have not been reupholstered and are currently covered with elephant skin print.

I have described all of my restoration work and costs associated with this Land Rover to the best of my ability. I have invested a lot of time and money into this Land Rover, so that you, the new owner, can enjoy this well kept and beautiful RARE find. Feel free to ask me any and all questions. roger@reachmg.com 404-664-5151
SORRY it appears that my pictures have been moved. I am working on fixing the problem and will have it resolved ASAP. In the short term please contact me directly for the pictures. Thanks again!
SACRIFICE SALE PRICE $10,000.00

SafeAirOne
07-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Link to photos shows no public albums...

rldprod
07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
SORRY it appears that my pictures have been MISTAKENLY moved. I am working on fixing the problem and will have it resolved ASAP. In the short term please contact me directly for the pictures. I am sorry for any issues this has caused. I can get you the pictures if you would like to see them.

Markieboy1
08-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Is this 109 still available? Thanks

jprover
07-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Still for sale? Pictures?

lighiche
08-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Still for sale? Photos, please!

Thanks.

Revtor
08-14-2012, 08:39 PM