PDA

View Full Version : Play in clutch assembly

Alk-3
07-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Today I finally had a chance to dig into my clutch issues a bit. I took off the front wing, and checked for play in the clutch pedal and tower assembly, and the parts are worn very badly, and need replacing.
The problem is I don't know what the parts are called, or where to get them.
The parts I need are the pedal arm itself, as the holes that the bushing is in are oval, and have been repaired, and the repaire is now oval too.
I also need the parts that go with it, so the bushing and the sleeve that the master cylinder rod passes through.
On the other end of the clutch where the slave is, I need some parts I think as well.
When I take the pushrod out of the slave, and the clutch arm is free to move it has a fair bit of play to it. I can move it up and down by about half an inch or so before there is any resistance. The play is not in the bushing right next to the arm, but rather inside the bell housing. It looks like a nightmare to try to get at the parts in there, so is there anything in there that might be causing this? I would really like to order any parts I might need all in one shot, because i live outside of the U.S. it's very expensive, and time consuming to get the parts, I'd like to just order everything I MIGHT need, and keep what I don't need as spares.
Any advice on what might be wearing inside the bell housing would be great as well as where to find these parts. Our hosts don't list them, although they have a picture of them, wheyou click oit, it takes you to the wrong section.