PDA

View Full Version : exaust fumes in cabin

73series88
07-30-2011, 08:02 AM
hey guys ive been trying to figure something out.
every time i get into my truck to drive to work and home about halph way home im dying from fumes. maybe cronic carbon monoxide exposure
ive been reading stuff on internet threads about old cars with old dried out seals. i have old seals on the doors and none on the top side to tub.
there are no leaks in the exuast either.
if i drive with the vents closed and windows closed its not to bad
i figure im cutting down on the air circulation
vents open and windows open i think i giving enough to fill the cabin with fumes.
if i take the door tops theres enough to clear the cabin.
time to put those defender seals on i guess
i do feel pretty sick for about 30 min after getting to work or home.
aaron

artpeck
07-30-2011, 08:50 AM
I know you said you have no leaks but if I were you I would check again from the manifold to the muffler. Assuming the exhaust is routed to stock configuration there really shouldn't be fumes drawn into the cabin. I have a sIII 88 and have zero exhaust small even after driving a significant distance. On top of that I have had the floor and transmission tunnel out now for a few weeks while I sand and get ready to repaint and even with it out there aren't any fumes entering the cabin.

SafeAirOne
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Assuming the exhaust is routed to stock configuration there really should be fumes drawn into the cabin.

:confused:

artpeck
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Oops. Edited.

cedryck
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
exhaust manifold bolts LOVE to rattle loose, on my gas engine. I end up tightening every other ride. Part of the love,,