PDA

View Full Version : Modern-ish Alternative to stock IIA radiator?

1967IPA
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm not set on resto-ing this radiator - having removed it yesterday from the 109's breakfast and running some h2o through it. Ideally, I'd like to stay with something Rover, but IS there a more modern/higher efficiency alternative to a new stock radiator that would be of like dimensions? Going the FULL custom route on the rad just doesn't seem to practical at this point.

LaneRover
08-09-2011, 05:33 AM
I'm not set on resto-ing this radiator - having removed it yesterday from the 109's breakfast and running some h2o through it. Ideally, I'd like to stay with something Rover, but IS there a more modern/higher efficiency alternative to a new stock radiator that would be of like dimensions? Going the FULL custom route on the rad just doesn't seem to practical at this point.

A series III Rad?

That radiator doesn't look stock to me. Usually the hose going from the rad to the top of the engine is in the middle of the top tank. But it could be different with the 6 cylinder.

rickv100
08-09-2011, 08:04 AM
A stock Land Rover radiator is going to cost over $300 to have manufactured by a radiator shop. No one makes a stock core.

It wound up being cheaper to buy the heavy duty 4 core from our hosts when I replaced mine.

Rick

1967IPA
08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Didn't think about the heavy duty 4 core!
I'll certainly look into it. Should provide enough cooling for this 289 that's currently installed...