X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JackIIA
    5th Gear
    • Dec 2008

corey - pm'd you

sorry about the delay, been working on a scout and not at all on the rover.

it's a good little truck. makes rovers look fast though. 3-speed slant 4 (1/2 a v8) and 152c! the tops off, and that makes all the difference.

shot below for those interested.
    1970 88 IIA
  • LaneRover
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

Somewhere in my files I have a pretty good picture of one of those in a NASA livery.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• badvibes
      3rd Gear
      • Mar 2007

Clean looking Scout. When I had my Series in a shop 10 years ago having the motor redone there was a Scout 80 in the shop also. I remember the mechanic commenting on how I was able to locate parts for the Rover way easier than he could locate parts for the Scout. Never thought I'd hear that.

Jeff
      1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Comment

• albersj51
        5th Gear
        • May 2010

Very nice! I had a 77 Scout II a few years ago. I believe the parts thing...There are some aftermarket suppliers, but parts are not as plentiful as they are for the Rover. If you can find a rust free/desert Scout they are awesome!

Comment

• JackIIA
          5th Gear
          • Dec 2008

it is a desert scout actually. nothing but surface rust. older than my rover and in better shape in many places.

parts. the one definite downside, yes. and a big one. but as long as you can accept NAPA as an alternative to original, a lot of stuff can be done. one weird thing is that the original clutch MC and slave are girling. evidentially International Harvester sourced a ton of parts for their vehicles and made very few of their own, at least for the lightline stuff. so really, you're kind of starting with a mutt. will see how goes.
          1970 88 IIA

Comment

Working...