PDA

View Full Version : 2011 British Invasion Stowe VT

Lord Icon
08-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Looking for fellow owners going to the British Invasion in September. I am taking my series 3. I was also interested in getting in some hard core greenlaning... Nothing evil, just something to pass the time while the other cars get a new coat of wax. Every year it seems like we as a group are getting bigger. I think some organized trip to our hosts would be in order as they are only 45 min away. The BI website says it is a 4 day event but only show activities for fri, sat sun. Thursday is wide open.I plan on an early arrival barring breakdowns and helping others with same.
Kris
s3 88" MOD

I Leak Oil
08-19-2011, 05:50 AM
BI was never the same after they moved it from the cow field. The best part of the show was watching the jag owners faces as they drove through the mud pit leading to the field! No more trials course = just another car show.:(

derekchace
08-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I will be there with my business Green Mountain Rovers. If enough people are interested we could set up a group trip to Rover's North and some greenlaning. Maybe a little drive to the top of Mount Mansfield Friday morning.

Cutter
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
BI was never the same after they moved it from the cow field. The best part of the show was watching the jag owners faces as they drove through the mud pit leading to the field! No more trials course = just another car show.:(

Oh really? Last time I went was back in 99 or 2000 in my friends RR, it was my first offroading and rover experience. Too bad about that.

Les Parker
08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll be at RN on Sat. morning and going over to Stowe in the afternoon.
So, I hope to see some folks over the weekend.
Sign up is Friday afternoon, so I'll be there for that, might need a lift back to Burlington after and leave the 90 there.

TedW
08-19-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm getting there Friday afternoon and will be there for the duration.

NOTICE: I will have a large cooler of very cold malt beverage with me, and I want it empty by the time I leave on Sunday afternoon. I hope I can count on all of you to help out.

TedW
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Sign up is Friday afternoon, so I'll be there for that, might need a lift back to Burlington after and leave the 90 there.

Les: I might be able to help - I need to pick up my wife at the Burlington airport friday night - not sure of the time, but I'll find out. I'm going to do the Friday signup thing first.

derekchace
08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I can give you a ride into Burlington Les. I will be at the Friday meet and greet also.

derekchace
08-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Would any one like to do the Mt Mansfield Toll Rd Friday lunch time before the British invasion sign in?

Lord Icon
08-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Would any one like to do the Mt Mansfield Toll Rd Friday lunch time before the British invasion sign in?

YES!!!!

73series88
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
not gonna make it to british invasion this time.
but i'll see eveyone at don's for metal dash weekend. by far my favorite rover weekend. if you havent been i strongly recomend it.
see yah
aaron

derekchace
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Well I am thinking lunch at Mr Pickwicks (mrpickwicks.com/) Then a dash up the Mt Mansfield Toll Road and end it all with drinks at the British Invasion. Any other Rovers want to join?

derekchace
09-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Any one still up for doing the Mt Mansfield toll road Thursday afternoon or Friday morning? If not I will be there with Green Mountain Rovers to enjoy the drinks and food Friday night. Please stop by out tent.

Lord Icon
09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Last chance to join the fun. The Invasion is this weekend. Looking for a convoy.... Any one from the south going up? I am leaving Thursday noonish. Bottom of Nh to Concord to 89, then the overdrive kicks in and 89 all the way. Channel 14 on cb, and 603-235-4666 cell. Anyone breaks down , I got tons of spares and tools. :D

Les Parker
09-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Look forward to seeing you on Friday PM.
I'll be there if any one needs stuff bringing over (pre-paid , of course !) and Saturday and Sunday for the Full Monty Breakfast.

:thumb-up:

siii8873
09-13-2011, 02:32 PM
OK where exactly in stowe is the event?

derekchace
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
http://britishinvasion.com/

Lord Icon
09-15-2011, 06:33 AM
http://britishinvasion.com/

Look or smell for large parade field covered with oil and other dripping internal fluids. Just off centre of town, trust me, VERY well marked. My rover can get there by itself now. It tries to head to Loon Mtn but that's only the internal Scottish parts longing for the bagpipes.
I am still torn now that the Invasion and the Highland Games are the same weekend.
Not much call at the Invasion to toss caber. ( I'm still best in the clan though.)

Broadstone
09-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I am still torn now that the Invasion and the Highland Games are the same weekend.

Does this mean there is a Hadrians wall type area set up between these two gatherings? Ironic the scots call it a festival while the English still call it an invasion. We have a baby due in less than 2 weeks and will not make it up. I vow to get there someday. Enjoy!!

TSR53
09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Typical British Invasion weather today. Rain, cold and raw Vermont. Forecast to be brilliantly sunny and crisp this weekend though!

TedW
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Typical British Invasion weather today. Rain, cold and raw Vermont. Forecast to be brilliantly sunny and crisp this weekend though!

Today's weather will make for interesting "traction" on the field tomorrow!

Lord Icon
09-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Any one still up for doing the Mt Mansfield toll road Thursday afternoon or Friday morning? If not I will be there with Green Mountain Rovers to enjoy the drinks and food Friday night. Please stop by out tent.

We are staying at the Seasons Pass Inn. on rt 100 in town. Cell is 603-620-7874 .I got here thursday 5 ish. I took a tour of the town, no another rover to be seen. Many MG and Jag abound. I stopped by the Golden Eagle to chat with a few of them , they are worried about mud .... I offered to tow one OAP's nice Jag onto the field through the mud .... He laughed and said " Any mud, and she is never leaving the trailer, even if we did come from Ottawa. I've lived 83 years so far, I can wait another year.)
We had a nice chat about rovers too. Seems he worked at the plant, and helped make a good amount of series 1's , and owned one he made off the line.... for 32 years. That's so cool.
Such a wealth of knowledge...
Kris

derekchace
09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Inbound today with three Rover's will be there at about 3pm to set up in the vendor area. Swing by the Green Mountain Rover both and say hi.

Lord Icon
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Well , I don't quite know how to say this...........
I WON>>>>>>>>>>>>......
First place , Series trucks.......
And on my 40th b-day as well.
I suspect the wife paid off the judges. I could have been bowled over with a feather.... A small group of us were having a laugh at the winners and the decorum of the acceptance of all the awards. .... Then they called out , first place and my name and I almost wet myself. God in heaven, I could not have asked for a better b-day gift.
Cheers to you all , next round is on me.
Kris Heikkila:D

stonefox
09-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Kris,
Are you sure you weren't the only series truck there?:p
Just kidding! Congratulations !! :thumb-up:

Les Parker
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
So, what did you think of the Landrover presence there?

What can we do as a group?

:)