PDA

View Full Version : 93 LWB will not start

moodhair
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi all,

Just joined and need some help. I have a 93 RR LWB that ran fine last week. Today I went out to start it up and go to work and it would not start.

1. Battery is fine - tested it.
2. power inside with lights and dashboard.
3. No starter sound at all. Crickets, silence....

Could it be a bad ignition switch connection?
Bad connection to a starter motor?

any advice where to check first?

Terrys
08-24-2011, 05:06 AM
If you can enlist a helper, get underneath the truck and check for voltage at the white with red tracer wire at the solenoid while someone turns the key. If you have power there, then the problem is likely the solenoid. If not, It may be the park interlock switch.

moodhair
08-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok thanks - I will give that a try this weekend. Gonna be tough to get under the truck with the air suspension at low. ugh..

If you can enlist a helper, get underneath the truck and check for voltage at the white with red tracer wire at the solenoid while someone turns the key. If you have power there, then the problem is likely the solenoid. If not, It may be the park interlock switch.

Les Parker
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Also, you could check the connections on the starter to see if they have corroded, another fault could be the positive battery terminal, where it joins the main harness,

OkieRover
11-13-2011, 08:06 PM
We also see a fair number of failed ignition switches. Pull the steering cowel off and look at the ignition switch. There is a plastic part with wires on the end of the switch (metal). This part comes loose from the switch unit. Press it back in place and try it. If it starts all you need to do is sort out a way to get the unit held together. I used a zip tie.