PDA

View Full Version : Finally 1968 restored Rover 109

Skookumchuck
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Well I finaly found the right Rover for me. It is a 1968 109 SW. It has been extensivley worked on and the most important part is I fit in it. The PO installed power range rover seats in it so I have the room to fit. the best part is I got a great price as I traded a bunch of house logs to a customer and he bought me the Rover. My wife had given me a budget of only $5k for me newest obssesion so with the trade I am only inot the truck for $3k so with my way of figuring I have $2k for accesories.:D

here is the work that the PO did to the truck, he is the head mechanic and a land Rover specialty shop and if I had to pay for all that has been done to this truck it would of cost over $40k.

New marsland Military frame w/2' lift, rebilt axles including seals and bearings, maxidrive rear axles, Rocky mountian parabolic springs, new wolf wheels and tires (60% left,) new brake pads, all new master and wheel cylinders, corrrosionless lines, brand new power booster, replaced clutch master and slave, new crossionless lines, new pressure plate, and refurbished flywheel, New steering relay, new track rods (front one is maxidrive), Completly rebuilt front axle (bearings. seals, and new chrome) rebuilt tranny (with high ratio transfer gear) complete new wiring harness, new alternator, new radiator, completly new exaust, New fuel tank and sender, LED lights, New anti burst locks (keyed alike), Retrofitted Range Rover power adjust seats All doors have been stripped galvanized and reskinned, Defender sideview mirrors, Galvinized firewall and rad support, New glass channel, tinted glass, New door seals, Heated rear windscreen, Custom front bumper and rocksliders, new winch, All new aftermarket gauges and senders, Custom center console, bodywork done and painted

I fly out at 7:00 am tomorrow to Vancouver to pick up the truck, then I have a liesurly 3 day trip back as I have to stop at a couple of sawmills to look at equipment that I recently purchased. So the boss can't even charge me the plane ticket and gas against me budget as those are all work related.. You have to love it when a plan comes together.

I will take some more pictures when I pick up the Rover and on the trip back home. Now I just need to figure out how to pack the fly rod with out the wife noticing it in my lugage....Note to self go to town and buy a takedown fly rod this afternoon:thumb-up:

Winemark
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Very handsome buggy

msggunny
08-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice!

thats what i want, now i just need to get rid of everything else i own and get a better job.....

Skookumchuck
08-25-2011, 06:27 AM
its 5:00 am and waking up the wife to get her to drive me to the Airport. If it wasn't for the McDonalds breakfast I don't think she would do it. So I am ready to take the plundge into the Rover world. I will hopefully have the Rover home tonight.

LaneRover
08-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Good luck! Sounds like you got a good deal!

73series88
08-25-2011, 08:38 AM
very nice rig
have a fun ride home
aaron

jp-
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm calling Shenanigan's on this. This doesn't happen. Gold doesn't fall from the sky. Land Rovers like this don't sell for 3k (at least not to me they don't!).

We know that your wife reads this message board and we understand that you don't want her to know that you paid 20k for your new toy. But really, is all this deception really necessary just so that you can spend an extra 2k on the rig without telling her?

Skookumchuck
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Just got back and to make the Trip even better I stopped at my sisters and she had this little diamond in the rough sitting in a weed patch in the back yard. I got it for $125.00. The Red Rover made th etrip home no problems this is one of the best deals I have ever made it is completley rebuilt from the ground up by the Owner of a classic Rover shop in Vancouver. Here are som more pics of the Truck.

Skookumchuck
08-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Here are the pictures. the Range Rover power leather seats may not be origional but hell are they every comfy and I can actually comfortably Drive the Red Rover. So I am not ashamed I got a hell of a deal and the Wife evven likes the way it looks and she thought the trailer was cute. I tried telling her it was just rugged but she insisted on cute.:thumb-up:

rwollschlager
08-26-2011, 02:45 PM
are those defender fender skins and rear tub? the wheel wells look bigger than a normal series

amcordo
08-26-2011, 03:43 PM
are those defender fender skins and rear tub? the wheel wells look bigger than a normal series

Either that or modified - they don't have the teardrop shape of the Series tub.

Skookumchuck
08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
The fender wells were all enlarged to allow for tighter turning with the large tires. I noticed that when I picked it up. I hadn't noticed before I bought it. I was thinking it would look good to put on fender flares like the defenders. I will have to measure then to see if they are defender skins or if they were just modified from the series wings.

I Leak Oil
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Nice looking truck. They do look like defender wheel openings. Those lights on either side of the windshield are too Jeepish though.:eek:

Cool rig....

73series88
08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
sweet ride man.
aaron