PDA

View Full Version : Lucas wiper motor 12v

Partsman
08-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone local to me have a spare Lucas Wiper motor 12v laying around? I have one that the housing is broken on it, and I'd like to replace it so I have two working motors. Mind you it doesn't have to be in working condition when I get it, I can rebuild the insides, just not the housing.
Thanks Harvey

Jim-ME
08-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Try Matt Browne at Overland Engineering.
Jim

Partsman
08-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Try Matt Browne at Overland Engineering.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I'll give him a try

Les Parker
08-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Is this an independant wiper motor?
We have some "core" units, let me know which part is broken and I'm sure we can assist.

Partsman
08-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Hey Les,
yes, it's the individual units mounted on the windscreen (one to a side) the part that's broken is the front and back housing on the bottom where the two pieces seam together, there's a nice diamond shaped piece <|> broken right out half on each side. I haven't taken it out yet, but I do know there's power to the unit, but it doesn't move at all, so I also expect to find internal damage as well.

Winemark
08-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Hey Les,
yes, it's the individual units mounted on the windscreen (one to a side) the part that's broken is the front and back housing on the bottom where the two pieces seam together, there's a nice diamond shaped piece <|> broken right out half on each side. I haven't taken it out yet, but I do know there's power to the unit, but it doesn't move at all, so I also expect to find internal damage as well.
Ike Goss (Pangolin) just rebuilt my motors for me for a fraction of the cost of others I have seen for sale. You might PM him

Les Parker
08-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I can send a used, unchecked unit for $50.00, if this will assist.
Let me know.