PDA

View Full Version : Passport to Service

MJL
08-29-2011, 07:18 PM
While I was looking for information on the radio in my Ser II I came across the original dealer service book complete with a metal plate that had the deatils of the owner (original) and vehicle. It was in a little pocket on the inside back cover saying Please leave your Identification Plate here at all times.

Mike

SafeAirOne
08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
That is amazing! :thumb-up:

Curious to know what info is on the plate...

MJL
08-29-2011, 08:22 PM
It has the name and address of the original owner. The serial number of the car. The in-service date which was 9/25/72. The number 6000 which I assume is the maintenance interval other than the lubrication/oil which was every 3000. And finally the numbers 1 81 5237 which I assume is some kind of dealer identification but I cannot find it on any other documentation.

There is a booklet that lists all the dealers in North America and Canada but it only provided address and phone numbers - no dealer-id. Interestingly enough the dealer in the Passport to Service booklet is not listed !!

martindktm
08-30-2011, 06:25 AM
I also have that passport with the original owner and dealer name. But I dont have the plate. I also have the original built sheet with options installed and a boat import tag with the name of the boat in witch it was imported from factory back in 72 or 73...