PDA

View Full Version : air filter solutions for a 2.5L engine

NickDawson
09-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey folks,
As part of my scheduled-induced absence, I'm here for my bi-monthly check in... and of course, am immediately reminded of how much I miss being able to spend more time here and more time with my Rover. 50% done with graduate school, I'll be back to turning a wrench on the weekends soon enough.

Some may remember my truck has a 2.5L engine which is mostly the same as the smaller blocks, except then its not; and then its just a pain. Its got that funky webber carb. A previous owner installed some custom headers followed by a pan-style air filter. It looks like the size and type of filter was briefly used in the UK and in Australia for more modern economy cars....but for the most part, no one uses (or stocks them) any more. Fram doesn't even list the part on their US site.

I'd just assume move to a more traditional filter. Any suggestions on how to do that? Am I going to have to get more custom headers made to mate a K&N, for instance, to the carb? Any tips on clearance, what will fit under the bonnet vs what is too tall?

Grateful for any suggestions you may have,
-N