PDA

View Full Version : Yet another boneheaded question..

Billy5
09-07-2011, 07:02 PM
So, as I learn about Land Rovers and history, I am confused about " regular" ans a " Station Wagon". I have read a few items here and there, but cant seem to find a definitive answer. So, my 69 2a bugeye has inward facing rear seats, sliding windows all around, a one piece opening rear door. There is no Station Wagon badge though. Is this a regular? I dont mean to sound stupid, but I am new and as far as parts go, sometimes it is asked if it is a regular or wagon. I will add that is was imported to California when new if that makes a difference. Much obliged.

Skeeball
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Billy;
I think the difference between the Regular and Station wagon models was the tropical roof
say Hi to the boys on Flint st
Steve

Billy5
09-08-2011, 04:05 AM
HA! Didnt know you were on here, I will surely do that. So what I have come up with, is yes the tropical roof. Which I dont have as you know. i have also seen rear jump seats instead of the bench style. The more I read, the more I love it. I see a 109 in my future..( as I laugh). I am also thankful mine wasnt messed with too much, as i makes it easier to understand, I know exactly what i have. I am doing the frame and underside in a week I will let you know how it went.

Skeeball
09-08-2011, 09:19 AM
I had those jump seats in my '68 there were more holes in the tub for mounting them They look cool but I think they are not very practical and they were difficult to remove.
If you want a 109 I will buy your 88 http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif My current project is fast becoming more than I care to deal with.
Keep me updated via email

Steve

disco2hse
09-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Sounds like you have a SW. The 109/110 SW usually has five doors too. Don't know about "regular" but the usual commercial variation is the hard top which has no side windows and three doors. Otherwise there are the hicap, ute, tray back, ... and of course the rag top.

Terrys
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
The 'Station Wagon' was trimmed slightly upscale, with full headliner, padding on the B pillar, etc. I don't think the Tropical roof made it an SW.

disco2hse
09-18-2011, 08:01 PM
The 'Station Wagon' was trimmed slightly upscale, with full headliner, padding on the B pillar, etc. I don't think the Tropical roof made it an SW.

Correct. And the lining and padding were also optional extras.

Billy5
09-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Then by those traits I have a SW. I have a headliner, and trim on the B pillars. Now, were US imported ones have the badge? If so mine is missing so would it be correct to put it on?

disco2hse
09-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Reading last month's LRM (August 2011) I see that the "regular" applied to the 88" rag top. :)

Billy5
10-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Aha! I found an article about Rovers and North America. They called this a Deluxe Hardtop or Federal 88. From 1969 on,88s came here with standard hardtop, rear bench seats, full rear door, and station wagon sides. This was to meet Federal Standards of the time. They also had EGR, vacuum retard and charcoal canister. Interesting.

TedW
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Aha! I found an article about Rovers and North America. They called this a Deluxe Hardtop or Federal 88. From 1969 on,88s came here with standard hardtop, rear bench seats, full rear door, and station wagon sides. This was to meet Federal Standards of the time. They also had EGR, vacuum retard and charcoal canister. Interesting.

My 1970 had all of this, plus the head bumpers all around and the black inside trim panels on doors and station wagon sides.