PDA

View Full Version : Getting there.....and a clutch question

donnykaz
04-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Well I finally sorted out the alternator and installed it.....though the red light on the dash came on. Even though I know for a fact that the rebuilt alternator is putting out juice.....truck is running great and all the lights work so that is great but,

I'm still stuck with the clutch issue. I loosened the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and a small squirt of fluid came out but then nothing......i took the whole screw out and no fluid was coming out. Now I would assume that means the system has no fluid......But at the resoviour it looks full. Can the system clog some where along the line? I'm a little lost at this point. Any ideas?:confused:

-Thanks everybody!

Willard
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm still stuck with the clutch issue. I loosened the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and a small squirt of fluid came out but then nothing......i took the whole screw out and no fluid was coming out. Now I would assume that means the system has no fluid......But at the resoviour it looks full. Can the system clog some where along the line? I'm a little lost at this point. Any ideas?:confused:

-Thanks everybody!

yes it has a clog, did you put in or rebuild the Slave? try taking off the line from the resovior to the slave and blowing it out with an air hose. That might be all you need.

fruitpunch
04-23-2007, 08:55 AM
CLutch, you are pumping it when you are trying to bleed, not just opening the bleed screw. Just pointing out the obvious ..... no offense please.

sayers
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
On my truck when it is idling the red charge light comes on. When I take off or gie it gas the light goes off. When I read the owners manual for my truck, this is normal. 74, 88

donnykaz
04-23-2007, 08:24 PM
yes i was pumping the clutch, but it didn't seem as though that was having any effect on the fluid level in the clutch reservoir.....there must be a kink or clog......how in the world could a clutch system get a clog? Is there any place on the web that I has the layout of the clutch system?

:confused:

jp-
04-24-2007, 08:21 AM
No need for a layout, it's easy. The top line of the master cylinder comes from the reservoir. The bottom line goes along the bulkhead to a rubber hose (a common problem area) and then to the slave cylinder. If no fluid is coming out, (and none is leaking) either the master cylinder or slave cylinder isn't working (/locked up).