PDA

View Full Version : For all you SII Owners

crankin
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
$80k is what they are wanting...

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/land_rover/series_2/1279232.html

TedW
09-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I hope they get every nickel........:D

knac1234
09-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Colorado......couple of hours from me. Hmmmm......just a little more than I'll have in mine.....better stick with plan A :D

Julian

mongoswede
09-12-2011, 02:57 PM
imagine how hard the rover engineers would laugh at you if you went back in time and told them that they were getting $80,000 for a series 2 88" in the future.

ducttape
09-12-2011, 04:40 PM
According to the CPI news 80 large today was $10,481.49 in 1960. While I don't recall the cost I believe the Series was something like a $4,000 truck then. (expensive,even then)

Considering a little haggling I am sure, and the work the guy clearly put into it, he isn't that absurd. Not that I would spend $80k on the truck, but it is gorgeous.

Lord Icon
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmmm $80,000 quid and it comes with home depot welcome mat floor mats and a leaking heater, yup, looks oem to me...

I Leak Oil
09-12-2011, 05:03 PM
My truck currently has a SII motor in it. A little clapped out but it must be worth atleast $10K! I'll make a deal or anyone here.....$7K for my SII motor....:D

RoverForm
09-12-2011, 06:34 PM
a VERY nice resto, not 80K worth though. well... not to someone who knows better.

LaneRover
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmmm $80,000 quid and it comes with home depot welcome mat floor mats and a leaking heater, yup, looks oem to me...

Actually aren't those floormats original? Thats what came with a SI I had though I can't vouch for 100% originality of course

mongoswede
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Actually aren't those floormats original? Thats what came with a SI I had though I can't vouch for 100% originality of course

Yes, Home depot supplied all the floor mats to Rover back then too :D

rwollschlager
09-12-2011, 09:49 PM
for 80k I don't want any surface rust on my front springs and I want all the screws on the dashboard aligned in the same direction :D

Skookumchuck
09-13-2011, 01:01 AM
All I need to show the wife why I bought the Red Rover is this ad. "Honey it is a great investment look at what they sell for.....:D. You got to love it when a plan comes together.

crankin
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
All I need to show the wife why I bought the Red Rover is this ad. "Honey it is a great investment look at what they sell for.....:D. You got to love it when a plan comes together.

It doesn't work out like that. She will reply with "We should sell it and use the extra money to pay off OUR school loans..."

Notice the "We"..."We" didn't put three years of blood and tears into the rebuild....and "We" sure do not crawl under it and clean up the oil spills every week. Oh, But sure, "We" should sell the little guy off to some stranger's neglectful hands that would NEVER spray silicon on bits that could rust or waxoyl the door frames. Well forget you wife! Maybe next time "We" go to your mother's piano recital, "We" should shut your pie hole when I say we should take the rover! Or better yet, sell off that freakin' engagement ring that I bought that caused me to have to get school loans in the first place!

But for heavens sake...never, ever reply back with "Well, the reason I work on the rover so much is because it does something that you never do...It gets me all oiled up and makes me feel dirty!"

stomper
09-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I think I just pi$$ed myself! ROFLMAO! I take it this subject has surfaced in the Rankin houshold!

Ncrover725
09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats pretty awesome!

rejeep
09-13-2011, 02:19 PM
the gas spout on the rover...
mine doesnt do that? thats cool.. would stop a lot of the overfill

Skookumchuck
09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Crankin way to funny I have not had that good of a chuckle in a while....My wife thinks the rover makes her amorous:D:D:D:D

amcordo
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
So in a few weeks when she kicks you out of the house are you going to try and make it lean right?

It doesn't work out like that. She will reply with "We should sell it and use the extra money to pay off OUR school loans..."

Notice the "We"..."We" didn't put three years of blood and tears into the rebuild....and "We" sure do not crawl under it and clean up the oil spills every week. Oh, But sure, "We" should sell the little guy off to some stranger's neglectful hands that would NEVER spray silicon on bits that could rust or waxoyl the door frames. Well forget you wife! Maybe next time "We" go to your mother's piano recital, "We" should shut your pie hole when I say we should take the rover! Or better yet, sell off that freakin' engagement ring that I bought that caused me to have to get school loans in the first place!

But for heavens sake...never, ever reply back with "Well, the reason I work on the rover so much is because it does something that you never do...It gets me all oiled up and makes me feel dirty!"

4flattires
09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
My trop roof vents are jealous!! Them vents are pretty shiny!

Where DO I get those floormats? I've seen 'em twice now.

crankin
09-13-2011, 10:20 PM
So in a few weeks when she kicks you out of the house are you going to try and make it lean right?

I'll move up there with you! Oh, Ladies of Columbus watch out! Granted yours is longer, stronger, and faster than mine... But slow and steady wins the race!

I am referring to the 109" V8 vs. my 88" 2.25...get your mind out of the gutter.