PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1999.5 Range Rover P38 with factory winch kit!! in NY

kiato4
09-13-2011, 12:17 AM
I’m selling my 1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. Truck is in absolutely perfect condition and has only about 110k miles on it. I purchased the truck in 2009 and went through absolutely EVERYTHING to bring it to the condition that it is in today.
This Rover is very special for various reasons:
- It is a 1999 model, so it has the updated Bosch electronics and engine block (strongest one offered according to many experts) and is the only year without the cumbersome secondary air system
- It has a factory brush guard with winch mount!! Complete with 8,000lb Warn winch and rare factory winch cover
- Alpine CD player in the factory location also plays MP3s, the factory radio has a Roverville auxiliary input jack installed, and the subwoofer was upgraded to the Roverville unit
- Old Man Emu heavy duty springs (779 front, 751 rear) and Terrafirma shocks, all installed this year; all springs are passenger side units so the truck does not lean
- No warning lights on in the dash!! Truck runs great!! No leaks, no strange noises.
- Perfect headliner!!
- Various goodies: stainless steel brake lines, magnecor ignition wires, factory tow wiring kit, original window sticker!!

The truck has had a perfect maintenance history. The previous owner replaced the water pump, wheel bearings & hubs, and differentials. He even added EBC sport brakes. Besides regular maintenance (ie filters, oil changes, alignment), highlights of what I replaced are:

2009:
- Heater core & o-rings
- Brake accumulator
- Stainless steel brake lines

2010:
- Alarm siren
- New Bridgestone tires
- Evap system purge filter & PCV hoses
- Mass air flow sensor
- Drag link & tie rod
- Driver side front door latch

2011:
- Front radius arm bushings & panhard rod bushings

Note that when I say regular maintenance, the truck was maintained to a higher standard than most. Coolant was flushed regularly, pollen filters have been replaced, spark plugs, even transmission fluid & filter. Please let me know if you want to see a full parts & labor list, I have it in excel. I even had the BeCM gone through on an Autologic computer to make sure everything was as it should be. I have spent $4,500 in parts & $6,000 in labor!! The car needs nothing to be driven even across country. Only thing that needs attention is that the book icon recently started appearing on the climate control, not sure what it means since both climate control blowers work as they should and the AC is ice cold. I will try to have this read by a Autologic and fixed before the truck is sold. Also note that the carfax is clean (I can provide a copy), and the truck is rust free.

I am asking $9,250 for the truck which is a fair price, especially given the very rare factory winch kit, and I am willing to entertain offers. Again, the truck is in excellent shape inside and outside and has been a very dependable, fun truck for me. I am only selling it because the truck is now in NYC and it is a shame to have it in the city (it is probably the only Rover with a winch around here!). This truck cannot be duplicated for that price. PM me if you’re interested to test drive it.

This car has been sold.

kiato4
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Some tire kickers but no takers, price drop to $8,750

AU_88
09-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I love it... But I need to sell a couple cars, get my series truck back on the road and I'm in Alabama. GLWS.

kiato4
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
On ebay, looking for a quick sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290613819173 Low reserve!

kiato4
10-01-2011, 09:49 AM
1 day left in auction, the truck has hit reserve and will be sold