PDA

View Full Version : Series IIA upgrades from Snatch Vehicle

Ncrover725
09-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Can anyone think of any good upgrades to a Series IIA 109 that could be made from MOD snatch vehicle / MOD defender parts? I do a bit of work with guys across the pond and have possible access to some parts. I am looking for an upgrade that can be done within reason (i.e. does not involve pixie dust or a degree in engineering). The items would have to fit on a pallet on an airplane. I am newer to Rovers so am not to well versed on non standard stuff. I have looked at some stuff like door hinges and recovery kits. Beyond that I am not too knowledgeable.

leafsprung
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
SIIA door hinges are better than SIII type. Door tops is probably the easiest upgrade from the mod defender stuff that is worthwhile. The wheels are going to have a little more offset and are nice. The late MOD seats are cool but the early stuff is the same as the series. The rest is not that exciting.

jac04
09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Some of them had a pretty cool basket mounted to the hood in place of the spare tire.

derekchace
09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
trying joining the emlra.org group. They are a great source of information on military Land Rovers.

derekchace
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Also I just thought bringing in the body is going to be a major pain. Its armored so you will have to get a armor import license from the ATF. It can be done but its a major pain in the ass.