PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Series III SWB RHD Dash?

CRiordan01
09-23-2011, 07:51 AM
I recently purchased a 1974 Series III RHD and I am interested in replacing the entire dash. Realizing that, with the RHD, this might be more difficult...any suggestions on where to find one (preferably a correct one for model year 1974)? I can't seem to find anything on our hosts site with respect to this...

Thanks.

knac1234
09-23-2011, 09:24 AM
CR-

I am doing some of this right now!

-I would think that the dash top is the same as on a LHD. If so, Ike Goss has them (I bought one). Double check on that assumption though.

-He may also have the dash bottom (he does for LHD). If not, can yours be recovered? I disassembled mine (fortunately nice and clean....no rot)...had it powdercoated with a bunch of other stuff....and it is now being reupholstered. Total cost when figuring in the powdercoating with all the other stuff....$175.

-The trim piece on the top of the lower dash is available from John Richards via ebay UK. I just got one for $30 shipped (genuine). He has RHD ones for even less!

-Dash tray (if needed) is available from RDS for around $35. Again, mine was in perfect shape so did not buy.

-Rovahfarm had the stickers/decals for the switches.

All plastic pieces on mine were unmarked, no cracks, no scratches......so some thorough cleaning using rubbing alcohol and a $5 can of satin black plastic paint.....look like new. Metal bits were also dropped in the powdercoating batch.

Some hunting was required for the dash, but the above should point you in the right direction for most of it and at the best cost-when an option is available. Hope it helps!

Julian

CRiordan01
09-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Julian - this information is very helpful. thank you. Mine is not in great shape and it does not properly line up, so I am not sure that it can be salvaged. Also - mine does not have any stickers etc, so I don't know what it should look like in original state. I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of yours once it is complete so I can gauge what mine should look like. PM me if you are willing to share and I will give you my e-mail address.

Thanks again.

Corey

PS - how do you list your vehicles under your signature!? Can't seem to figure this out!

knac1234
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Corey-

Will be posting pics in a couple of weeks....if you can wait....my marathon reassembly mission is 10/2-10/9! Right now, the stickers aren't on, and everything is in pieces! This weekend.....rhino coat the tub, clean up the engine and respray in-situ; wheels off and rims to powdercoating. Oh and get all this stuff organized and in order!!!

On the main page, go to USER CP. Use EDIT SIGNATURE.

Cheers,
Julian