View Full Version : Overland Rally in Springfield Vt.

stomper
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Anyone planning on attending this event this Thursday through Sunday? I am going, and will be driving in from the Augusta Maine area. Planning on leaving around 1:00pm on Thursday. I am planning on camping the full 4 days. So who else is going, and what are your plans for overnight accomodations?

I Leak Oil
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm going. Probably headed up Thursday. Camping for now. Friend of mine from Gray ME is also headed over. Should be a fun weekend.

Andrew IIA
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
I'll be there, camping :thumb-up:

stomper
09-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I feel better about camping knowing others will be there as well. I should be getting there fairly early, perhaps us "Rover folk" can set up in a spot together. I will have a few cold ones ready for you all:thumb-up:.

I Leak Oil
09-27-2011, 12:43 PM
We could build a tarp city and be totally out of place next to all the fancy new vehicles with all the trailers and RTT's!:D

stomper
09-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Uh oh! you mean I am going to be out of place with my tarp? I just spent most of the evening figuring out how to set it up without trees to tie it down to!:D If I look like a nomad next to the big boys and their money, so be it. That's why I drive a rover, and not a toyota.

Does anyone know if we will be able to have personal campfires? I am wondering if I should bring firewood. I also had a hankering to bring my dutch oven to cook chili for the first night there, but if we can't have a fire, that plan my change.

Jim-ME
09-28-2011, 07:20 AM
At the risk of sounding like a jerk please leave your firewood at home. You can cook with charcoal just as easy and you don't give any bugs a free ride to VT.
Jim

SafeAirOne
09-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Ha--Earlier I was going to post that transporting firewood is a bad idea, but I was curious to see how long it would take Jim (a forest expert for the State of Maine) to say it. That was quick! :D

Stomper,

Is there still enough time left to buy a NAS Defender 110, and equip it with a rooftop tent, Engel fridge-freezer and expedition trailer that turns into a full kitchen with running water? That might get you away from the tightwad series rover riff-raff who don't spend their money on anything but replacement parts. ;)

stomper
09-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I should have specified that I would be buying firewood in the area, and bringing it to the Rally, not from my home in Maine. I don't need the extra weight and space requirements to haul it from Maine, and I know about the bug thing, but thanks Jim! :thumb-up:

Hmmm, If I could convince my wife to let me buy all that cool gear, I would have it in a heartbeat! Maybe I will just have to see what the vendors there are selling! I like being riff raff though!

ThePhotographer
09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
I may be there with a camera on behalf of Rovers North, what kind of numbers are we looking at?

I Leak Oil
09-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh come on Jim. I found a great deal on some prime Worcester timber to bring. Would you like some in Maine too? There's plenty to go around!:p

At the risk of sounding like a jerk please leave your firewood at home. You can cook with charcoal just as easy and you don't give any bugs a free ride to VT.
Jim

stomper
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
The Down East Land Rover club has 4 or 5 of us that are planning on attending. I don't know if they are duplicates to the folks who say they are coming from this forum. I'm sure a representative from Rovers North would be welcomed, and if you would like to hitch a ride for one of the morning cruises, I am traveling solo, so you are welcome to join me in a IIa. Look for a pastel green 88 with a Maine license plate that reads ROVA with the year of my truck after it.

ThePhotographer
09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Excellent, when is the group planning on heading down?