X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrupstate
    Low Range
    • Sep 2011

Engine replacement

What would one expect to pay for a complete engine with transmission out of a 2a? All I really need is the motor, seems I have something wrong with mine making a loud chattering noise at higher RPMs that gets worse and presents itself at lower RPM's as the motor gets warmer. 2 rear main seals in a week, not doing a third.

Purchasing a used motor, what should I expect to pay? I have located one just want to make sure the price is right before going this route.
  • SalemRover
    3rd Gear
    • Aug 2007

The value of that driveline can swing a great deal depending on what sort of work/parts went into it. I think you need to learn more details about the engine / driveline before a decent ballpark number can be arrived at.

Comment

• mrupstate
      Low Range
      • Sep 2011

It was removed from a running 2a a few years back for a v8 swap, it does have a fairy(sp) overdrive installed on it, I don't need the trans of the overdrive. Just the motor. The fellow who has it told me it was in the way and I could take it for $500.

He wanted me to make an offer and I didn't know enough to do so. He asked me if $500 sounded fair and I said seems fair.

I would like to sell the OD unit off it to recoup my expense.

Comment

• LaneRover
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

If the overdrive is in good shape that motor will be 'free'
        1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
        1965 109 SW - nearly running well
        1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
        1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• stomper
          5th Gear
          • Apr 2007

if the overdrive is in good condition, that alone is worth over $500. I would say that is a very fair price. Do you already have an overdrive? Why would you not install it on your own truck?
          Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• mrupstate
            Low Range
            • Sep 2011

i already have a Rocky Mountain OD installed. I suspected I could sell the OD just didn't know what a fair price was.

Comment

• stomper
              5th Gear
              • Apr 2007

I've seen prices around $800 for a solid OD tossed around. I have one, and am not following the market of what they are going for though.
              Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

Working...