X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LndRvr64
    Low Range
    • Aug 2007

64 IIA No Brake Lights

Looking for some wiring assistance. I have no brake lights on my 64 IIA 88". I have running lights. I changed the sensor switch in the brakeline front passenger side to no avail. When I did that I noticed a couple of corroded wire connections (green wire and green wire with red stripe) directly above the sensor switch. Does anyone know which of these may be the brake wire. I temp connected both of them, but no results although they were still corroded, so may not have gotten a good connection. Thanks.

Jack
  • rrc.swb
    Low Range
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LndRvr64
    Looking for some wiring assistance. I have no brake lights on my 64 IIA 88". I have running lights. I changed the sensor switch in the brakeline front passenger side to no avail. When I did that I noticed a couple of corroded wire connections (green wire and green wire with red stripe) directly above the sensor switch. Does anyone know which of these may be the brake wire. I temp connected both of them, but no results although they were still corroded, so may not have gotten a good connection. Thanks.

Jack
    Check the voltage on the green/white wire, that's always hot (ignition on). Once you press the pedal, you close the circuit and the lights go on.

If you have voltage at the green wire, jump out the green/white and green/red. If the lights do not come on... The cable going back might be bad or
    ground issue.
    1968 Poppy Red Series IIA 88" - Mr
    1964 Marine Blue Series IIA 109" - Mr Part II
    2003 Beluga Black DII - Mrs

1996 Alpine White Disco I - Gone
    1996 Beluga Black 4.6L DI - Gone
    1992 Eastnor Green RRC SWB - Gone
    1991 Eastnor Green RRC Hunter - Gone
    Black RRC SWB - Gone

Comment

Working...