PDA

View Full Version : Looking for: 2x Chrome rim headlamp assembly for 69' LR Series IIA

MBW
09-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Need to replace the Chrome rims on the headlamp assembly for my 69' 'Bug-eye"; does anyone have any for sale?

albersj51
09-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Our host sells them. They're under electrical-front lights.

jac04
10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
^^ They're listed, but as NLA.

I have a few used sets, but they are not in 'like new' condition. I can try to get some pictures of them for you.

Apis Mellifera
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
These should be standard Lucas parts, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=360396905779

The seller also has early rims.

MBW
10-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Apis--Thanks, but those are 8'' rims. As I found out last night, I need 7" rims.

jac04-- Are the ones that you have 7'' rims? If so, would you like to sell them? By the way, nice 'pic' of the yellow LW LR. Is it yours?

Apis Mellifera
10-02-2011, 07:16 AM
The lamp is 7", but the ring is 8". Unless the Bugeye uses a different lamp than the standard 7", those should work. There are two types: one that is retained with a set screw and one that snaps on.

I don't have specific experience with a LR Bugeye, but I do with an AH Bugeye, as well as, several MGs and TRs; most British vehicles of that era use the standard 7" lamp and the same size trim rings. The LR should be the same.

jac04
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Apis--Thanks, but those are 8'' rims. As I found out last night, I need 7" rims.

jac04-- Are the ones that you have 7'' rims? If so, would you like to sell them? By the way, nice 'pic' of the yellow LW LR. Is it yours?

The Land Rover rims are 8" outside diameter for 7" headlights. The Rover part number is 142001. Rovahfarm has them listed for $60 each. They have a small bracket at the top and they use a screw to retain them at the bottm. The retaining rings (that use 3 screws to hold the headlight in place) are about 7" outside diameter. The Rover p/n is PRC7992. Rovahfarm has them listed for $24 each.

The best approach may be to just buy new ones if you want nice ones. I was just looking at mine. I have 6 rims & 4 retainers. 4 rims & 2 retainers are in a lot better shape than I thought they were, so I will probably hold onto them for my next restoration project. The 2 rims and 2 retainers I'd be willing to part with are not in the best shape. The 2 rims don't have any dents, dings, scratches, etc., but the chrome has lots of tiny pinholes and some crazing. They would actually make a perfect set for re-chroming. The retainers have some surface rust & small areas of peeling chrome. PM me if interested.

The Lightweight is actually flat desert tan (I know it looks a little yellow in my pic). It was my last refurbishment project and I use it to putt around town.

MBW
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone. I've purchased the ones from ebay, and will let you know how it turns out. I just wanted to be sure that 8" rims will work. If they don't well, I can return them, or purchase new head lamps. Next project is the engine, and then the brakes...Happy Rovering!