PDA

View Full Version : New tires - so impressed

Max(SD)
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, the tires that were on my Rover where dated about 12 years old, and I knew they needed to be replaced before the winter starts her in Oregon. So just got Hankook Rw11 winter tires 235 / 85/ 16. Obviously I have not driven them in snow as it has yet to snow her in the Pacific North West. But what I did notices was how nice the Rover was driving. On the old tires whenever I took a 90 degree turn left or right, and accelerate out of the turn I would get the dreaded steering wheel wobble.

With these tires the ride was smooth, no indication of any wobble. I am so surprised that a new set of tires would make the ride that much noticeable.

These tries will be my year round tires. Can't wait for the snow to test them out.

Andrew IIA
10-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Photo ? :thumb-up:

Max(SD)
10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Here are some photos.

Max(SD)
10-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Her name is Lady HOJ, a name that my daughter Christened her with. Stands for Lady Hunk Of Junk. But it is said with admiration.

SafeAirOne
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I wonder if those tires will wear out quickly in the summer with all that siping.

Nice garage, by the way.

cedryck
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Wow what a clean Garage. Oh and what type of tires do you use in the summer?
cheers.

Max(SD)
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
For the moment I will be using these. Not sure if I need to change tires for the summer. For the type of driving that I do, these might work just fine as year round tires.

superstator
10-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Funnily enough, I bought a set of those yesterday too. Les Schwab doesn't carry Nokian anymore, and those seem to be the closest thing to a Hakka LT you can get. From experience with Hakka's, I'd highly recommend swapping them out come spring - the siping isn't the problem so much as the compound. They're designed to stay soft in freezing conditions, which means they'll be super soft in hot conditions, and wear like crazy once you get into spring & summer. Did you get them with studs, or studless?

Max(SD)
10-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I went studless.