X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ackrover
    Low Range
    • Sep 2011

Can't shift into gear after warm up

I recently had the clutch slave on my first rover a new to me 83 ex mod replaced. Now after letting the rover warm up ( takes about 10 min with varying amounts of choke before it likes to be driven, I'll ask that question in a late post ) I can not shift into gear. It won't move into a forward gear at all and will only grind when I try to shif in reverse but not engage. I can allow it to warm up, cut the engine and shift into gear and when I start it in gear I get a minimal surge not enough to move the rover but it is noticeable and then the clutch works fine. I can come to complete stops and shift back into gear with no problems. I can even let it idle for a few minutes after it has been driven and it shifts no problems. Any one have any thoughts?
  • stomper
    5th Gear
    • Apr 2007

are you sure there is no air in the clutch line? I would try and bleed the line at the clutch slave cylinder. Did you replace the slave cylinder, or did a shop do it? Did they replace the various clutch lines that go to the slave cylinder at the same time?
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

Comment

• cedryck
      5th Gear
      • Sep 2010

You still have air in the system.

Comment

• I Leak Oil
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

Sounds like air to me also. Try pumping the pedal rapidly, several times then try shifting into gear.
        Jason
        "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

Working...