PDA

View Full Version : Washer Bottle

printjunky
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
First of all, it's nice to be inquiring about something like this instead of many of my previous posts that usually go something like "EMERGENCY: I'm pulled forward into a downhill parking space in such a way that I'm blocking in a biker gang that just got kicked out of a bar, and the Rover will only drive in reverse when the moon is waxing and the temp is above 55, or below 18. Any ideas?"

So this should be cake.

Can anyone tell me or show me how the orig. Trico (intergrated into the cap) washer pump works. I think I'm missing a piece. I have the pickup tube, but on the repros I've seen http://www.ejward.co.uk/image.php?object_type=detailed&image_id=107&window=popup) it appears there's a second tube. Was that always the case? And where/how does it attach? On mine the pickup tube goes to the outlet elbow, and I can see the open bottom of the motor (ie: nothing attached there), so I assumed the motor just pressurizes the bottle enough to push the fluid up the draw tube, but that seems like a somewhat complex system, requiring a VERY good cap seal.

MJL
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
There should be 2 tubes visible when you remove the cap. a long one that goes from the motor input (suction side) down into the fluid (helps if there is a one way valve at the bottom) and a second that goes from the motor output to the outlet elbow

printjunky
10-12-2011, 11:19 PM
hmmm, something must be missing off the bottom of my motor ....

MJL
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Yes. The bottom part of the motor with the 2 ports for the tube.

LaneRover
10-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes. The bottom part of the motor with the 2 ports for the tube.

Seems a bit Rube Goldbergish to me