PDA

View Full Version : what is the best manual 74 109 ex mod ffr

Tasi Autele
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I am working on the clutch system now. While working on the ignition system I took notice the manuals I have did not help as much as I would have liked. Now with the clutch and the brake system next I would like to have accurate diagrams for the systems.
Quick question, does the hydraulic system encompass the brake and clutch system or can they be worked on and pressurized separately?
Thank you in advance.

Tasi

LaneRover
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
The hydraulics system for the clutch and brake are completely separate. Each has its own master cylinder and slave cylinder(s) as well as its own hydraulic line.

On early Rovers they shared a reservoir for the hydraulic fluid but yours is a 1974 so the systems should be completely separate.

Tasi Autele
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Thank you Lane Rover... Love the pics on your fb page.
Tasi

SafeAirOne
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Generally, the factory Land Rover Series III Workshop Manual should pretty much cover all the the normal stuff you'll ever need, with the exception of the electrical system, which has some differences that could become a factor when troubleshooting.

LaneRover
10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Thank you Lane Rover... Love the pics on your fb page.
Tasi

Thank you! One of these days I need to get more of them up!

Tasi Autele
10-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Thank you safari. I will order one. I have the Haynes "land rover restoration Manual" and Autobooks "Land-Rover 2, 2A, 3 1959-74" However; both books lack really basic steps that a rookie like myself needs.

Lalo88DK
10-20-2011, 03:01 AM
In my opinion the Haynes manual is not as good as an original workshop manual and (very important) a parts catalog, with the workshop manual you can read how to do and the parts catalog you can see part numbers and and the general layout.

Electrical diagrams for ex mod, look at this web site:

http://www.winwaed.com/landy/mil/military.shtml

Les Parker
10-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Our hosts also offer a reprint of the MOD handbook, # 608179.
It shows 12 and 24v wiring and even how to destroy the vehicle to stop it falling into enemy hands !

disco2hse
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
In my opinion the Haynes manual is not as good as an original workshop manual and (very important) a parts catalog, with the workshop manual you can read how to do and the parts catalog you can see part numbers and and the general layout.

Electrical diagrams for ex mod, look at this web site:

http://www.winwaed.com/landy/mil/military.shtml

Be aware that the wiring information on that site is specific to the UK MOD and defense forces in other places did things differently, particularly in Australia, New Zealand, and in various parts of Africa.