PDA

View Full Version : RN Elephant Hide Seat Material FAB-EHG

czenkov
11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
When I got my Series II from Oregon the elephant hide seats were in good shape and pliable. A year in the dry Utah climate evidently dried them out and they started ripping every time I got in or out so I pulled them and bought some Series 3 style black vinyl seats from our hosts. These replacements are ok but make you feel like you are sitting on them whereas the originals felt like you were sitting in them.

So the time has come for me to purchase some of the VINYL - ELEPHANT HIDE MATERIAL from our hosts in an effort to recover the originals.

My intent is to recover only the front 3 original spring seats. RN evidently sells it in 1 meter x 127cm amounts @ $78.00 each. My seats are buried in the back of a storage unit that is neatly (at many hours effort) stacked and so I do not want to disturb the carefully constructed arrangement just to dig them out, measure and re-stack. So my question is how much of the vinyl material do I need?

Thanks for the help in advance.

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-16742-vinyl-elephant-hide-material-1-meter-x-127cm.aspx

jumpmaster54
11-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I just bought 4 yards to do the middle bench seat of my 109 5 door. I would think that 4 yards would do it since I have to do both sides of one of my bench parts. If your doing the backs and seat bottoms. maybe 5 yards.

DEpending if your sewing them yourself, it may be cheaper to get the kit for $519 all depending on what an upholsterer charges you. To do my bech with new foam ran me $250.

Stan