PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for adhesives, etc...???

knac1234
11-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Probably already got some suggestions in the midst of other threads, but here they are again (I apologize) so that I can get what is needed this week:

TOP WINDSCREEN SEAL (ROOF GUTTER TO WINDSCREEN TOP)....it is a strip of rubber......what is the proper adhesive to use?

RUBBER FRONT VENT FLAPS.....I understand the seating process (flaps staying closed for a month or two)....again, the best adhesive to use?

ROOF TO THE ROOF GUTTER.....I remember this one....Marine adhesive 5200 by 3M....is this the best and will it work to go over the seams on the inside of the roof? Definitely do not want to redo this one with 200+ rivets!!

DRAIN CHANNELS IN THE REAR TUB'S SLIDING WINDOW PANELS.....I bought 2 cans of Dum Dum a few months back.....do I just spread this stuff onto the drain channels and then press them and secure them against the side panels? I remember in disassembly that there was nasty black stuff there, so I think I have the right product already.

Much appreciated,
Julian

knac1234
11-09-2011, 08:26 AM
BUMP--thought I'd try again in case there is any experience out there before I wing it!

Julian