PDA

View Full Version : TBI conversion

Lord Icon
11-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Any body done a tbi conversion before ,,,,,on a Landy? I don't wish to duplicate others time and effort. I have some inquiries in to 5 mfg's and hope to have a working kit installed by Winter Romp. i guess if no one wants to by my truck , I will keep adding mods to it.
Kris

rejeep
11-09-2011, 07:58 AM
ive done some searching on this and it seems there was a howell or holley single BB TBI at one point that I guess is no longer made?

there must been some smaller 4cyl kits available that can be made to work however..

rickv100
11-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Having had a Jeep 4.0L with the TBI, I guess I would ask why would you want one?

I like the simplicity of the Land Rover. My first thought is you will need to add a crank angle sensor to your flywheel so the computer nows where it is.

Rick

slorocco
11-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I know it's not a TBI system, but I have seen pictures of a bosch jetronic system installed on a series rover. Can't remember where that was though.

greenmeanie
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Megasquirt is quite easy. I think there is a TBI for a 2.8 engine (Can't remember what it was in.) that will work for a Series. No crank angle sensor required as long as you can generate a tach signal.

DIYautotune sell almost everythign you need including harnesses and preassembled ECUs.

yorker
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
I have mentioned before I don't think it wuld be hard to do with Topaz/Tempo parts.

http://home.comcast.net/~whaussmann/Bosch_MGB/injectingmgb1.htm