PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Discovery SE7 Avalon Blue

DaveC
11-09-2011, 08:22 PM
---sold----

96' Discovery Avalon Blue w/ 117k miles automatic - Has spent the last 75% of it's life in Florida. Has no rust, seriously... I only found one small spot below the alpine window. No rust on frame or usual body areas- wheel wells, door jambs, rear cargo floor, etc. No pealing at door edges where aluminum meets the steel.
Engine runs smooth and quiet. Appears that previous owner had head gasket replaced on pass. side bank only, but there are no signs of any issues. Valley gasket is new. I recently replaced all 16 injector o-rings and re-sealed the intake/plenum- intake was clean and injectors looked great. Does not leak much oil. Coolant is clean.
Original manual shows 30, 60, and 75k services.
Power steering box has no leaks- must have been replaced with new unit. All power steering hoses look newer, as well as oil coolers.
I just topped up the diffs and TC (were not low) and changed the automatic transmission oil and engine oil.
AC (front and rear) and heat work great. Everything works except for the rear windows and blower speed 4. Power seats, wipers, lights, blinkers all work well. Alarm works. No dash lights, not even ABS. Has CD changer but prev. owner put in a bluetooth, USB, CD receiver. Everything else is original. Has original jumpseats in back. Tires are michelin XPC- fronts are 90%, rears are 50%.
Has genuine brush bar in excellent shape.
Looks like hood and pass. front fender were re-painted because the paint is too nice. I believe a light impact pushed the original brush bar into the hood. Repair looks excellent. Hood shows no signs of damage underneath. Brush guard looks brand new.
Small issues: cup holder stuck, headliner is okay but could be replaced, rear cargo door carpet finisher strip is cracked. Rear windows not working. Some dash curl.
Drives well, tracks straight and is very quiet. Tight ball joints, smooth steering, brakes are very good- best of any disco I've had. Bilstein shocks. No rust.
Clean title with no accidents. Clean interior and carpets.
Selling because I'm interested in a Disco II- I've had a few of the series I's and want try a II.
Located in Pittsfield, MA. Asking $4250 (will include spare starter, new genuine front springs, ignition switch, master cylinder, spare front axels w/ CVs) reasonable offers welcome
Please email roverfolly@aol.com (roverfolly@aol.com)

DaveC
11-09-2011, 08:29 PM
more pictures

DaveC
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
-few more pictures. Truck runs and drives very well. Clean original condition.

DaveC
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
$3850 Rare condition here in New England. Has been reliable, no dash lights or issues.

DaveC
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
-pictures

AU_88
12-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I had a DII and now have a DI... I prefer the DI's reliability thus far to the DII. GLWS! Great looking truck.