PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leakage? Not Gasket?

nickaleena
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Another problem I have with my 99 Rover.I am leaking coolant from somewhere between the motor and the tranny, not overheating though (frequent coolant fill ups).Im told it looks like a bolt?Doesnt look like a freeze plug leak, as even exposed caps look good. Was pressure tested and its is coming from back of motor.Hard to get to...but it looks like that bolt.Anyone have any suggestions or remedies..Im feeling a trip to the dealer- :( Any independents in metro Detroit area??????PLease help I want to take my Rover to Florida soon,Thanks!

Robison Service
04-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Leaks from the back of the motor are often either intake gaskets, or head gaskets. Look there, with a mirror

nickaleena
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi found out that they are the gaskets..upper plenum and lower intake.Dealer wants $1700 to do. I ordered all parts including upper and lower coolnt lines that need replacing.My question is: can any mechanic do this job on a Rover?I am scared and dont want a botched job, but cannot afford to pay $110 per hr in labor.Is it like any other gasket job or does it need special attention for a Rover?