PDA

View Full Version : Side Marker lights for SIII

keithg
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Does anyone offer new side marker lights for the S3? I don't see them on the RN site nor any of the others that I've checked.

SafeAirOne
11-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Did you try a search for "side marker" on Moss Motors site (http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?SearchText=side marker&WebCatalogID=0)? My SIII doesn't have the lights so I can't say for sure, but I bet they're the same as used on some other british cars (MG/Austin/etc...).

SafeAirOne
11-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Also, it looks like RDS has them.

TedW
11-16-2011, 07:38 AM
These side markers were used on various british vehicles, some slab sided and requiring a flat base (like Land Rovers), and others with curved fenders that required a beveled base (Spitfire/GT6).

IIRC the MG Midget used a side marker with a flat base, so that's what you should look for. I'm pretty sure that the Spitfire and GT6 used a beveled base. Both will fit, but the flat base is correct for Land Rovers.

George at RDS had original markers with the flat base. Pricey, but also original.

I have a bunch of used ones with reconditioned bulb holders. PM me if you just need one or a few parts - I may be able to help.

keithg
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Wow, I didn't realize they were so expensive! I need all four so that's quite an investment......

TedW
11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Keep an eye out on the ebay - they turn up somewhat frequently.

ArlowCT
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know if you are looking for the all original look but I just used side lights from a D90. They are $15 each from our hosts. They do have a diffrent bulb holder location on the back which changes where they mount just a bit. I cant remember if I had to move the through holes in the body or not. Could be worth looking into.