PDA

View Full Version : 1995 LWB White/Sorrel--NJ, $4,500

Lindzmk2
11-17-2011, 11:21 AM
For Sale: 1995 Range Rover Classic, LWB, TX truck until 2008 when I purchased it. White/sorrel. Late 1994 build date/VIN. 273,000 miles on odometer but truck "acts" half its age. I purchased the truck in Houston, TX in Feb 2008 with 238,500 miles on it after my SWB was totaled and shipped it up North.

Highlights of the major work (I just added up all of my repair receipts and they total $20,000--yes, $20 grand...): Engine replaced in March 2008 (238,674 miles) with 4.6L short block, new radiator (that alone was a $11k repair). Transmission replaced Nov. 2008 at 245k miles. Truck has been meticulously maintained by independent LR shop. ABS pump and all brake lines replaced in 2009. Spring 2010: electrical overhaul (fuse box, module, brake light switch, wiring harnesses), to brakes, alternator, starter, windshield, etc. Fuel lines, fuel filler, breather tube assembly on fuel tank replaced Spring 2011. All work done with genuine, LR parts when available, else sourced from Rovers North. Coil kit conversion in 2008. Oil changed every 3k miles/3 months. Only 93 octane runs through it. Optimum red top battery. Truck runs strong and clean.

Cosmetically, the truck has a few issues you would expect: Exterior/body: Hood is heavily pitted from highway driving and wear, is rusting on the front inside and out. The hood might need to be replaced in my opinion, but it still opens, closes, strong latch. Upper tailgate is still the original tailgate from what I can tell and is showing some rust at the usual spots and the latch is sometimes sticking--but far better than many Northeast trucks I have seen. Very minimum rust at the seams in the lower tailgate (appears mostly surface) and in the wheel wells (but no rusting in the divots where the child locks hit--I had a RR where that area was rusted through--but not here). I've owned 2 1995LWBs and also own a 1995 Disco and this is exceptional compared with other LWBs I've seen native to the Northeast. Front bumper is not original--I replaced it with the black steel earlier model RRC bumper in 2009 because I couldn't find the stainless 1995 LWB bumper at the time. (replaced bumper to remove massive driving lights previous owner had drilled into original). Windshield is 2 years old, heating element works. Tires are about 2 years and 10k miles old and show even wear. Truck has never been hit, only minor body dings/dents you would expect on a 16 year old truck.

Interior:The driver's seat is very worn, but the mechanics, ECU all work. Heated seats work too! Headliner is sagging in the usual spots. Previous owner installed cupholders on the rear doors and removed the "skateboard" wood around the center console, replacing it with a Discovery rubber console mat. Also added an after-market cell-phone holder to the center cubbybox lid which acts as an armrest. The leather boot around the diff lock shifter is heavily worn. Sunroof works, but is not the original glass (previous owner installed what is I think a P38 tempered glass sunroof). Interior is CLEAN. Carpets look like they have been protected by the rubber mats for the past 16 years. Non-smokers truck. Radio is not original (I have the code); CD changer works, so does WB and FM, but AM radio does not work. Rear windows are tinted dark (the truck came from TX). I had to remove the tint off the front windows after I got ticketed in NY for having them too dark. So front windows have no tint.

$4,500--or do I hear $3750? Serious offers considered. Truck is located in Bergen County, NJ. Please message me with questions.

lrdukdog
11-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Photos?
Jim Wolf

Lindzmk2
11-18-2011, 02:30 PM
More pictures

Lindzmk2
11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Sorry, I can't figure out how to post more than 3 pictures at a time. Posting some detailed photos here.

Wanted to show surface condition/rust.

See the condition of the front hood (I don't have a picture but on the underside the hood is quite rusted at the front, but it still latches, etc.

The rear wheel wells are very clean, just some very slight surface rust on the seams, which I've actually buffed down with compound since I took this picture. There is also a rust spot on the inside of the front passenger door (I think that came from a leak in the windshield that was fixed when the windshield was replaced). It isn't getting any bigger. Door hinges well oiled. All doors, locks work.

Lindzmk2
12-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Dropping price to $3750 OBO...

o2batsea
12-10-2011, 05:50 PM
When you see the sign of tin worms, the body is already too far gone to save. Have been thru that with RRCs before. Sad, since it has so many tasty bits.