PDA

View Full Version : Load curtain for winter use?

Dietersrover
11-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Hello all
I was wondering if some of you use a load curtain or something like it, to block off the back compartment, and try to keep the heat up front in the cab area?

antichrist
11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I have, when I live in VT and NH. just a piece of heavy clear plastic.
A pickup cab also works well.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/rover_driver/Land%20Rovers/Mine/vermont.jpg

Jim-ME
11-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I live in Maine and have used a fume curtain with my soft top for several winters. It does make a difference. I got mine second hand but if it ever dies I'll buy a new replacement.
Jim

Partsman
11-19-2011, 09:45 PM
When I had my first Land Rover, I had a wool curtain with a clear window sewed in (thanks mom) it worked great, my latest Rover has a truck cab on it.

Firemanshort
11-21-2011, 09:00 AM
When I drive to ME for the Winter Romp - I install a ghetto fabulous clear plastic drop cloth over the first soft top hoop and then I put the soft top on over top of that. A small applicaiton of duct tape and I am set. $3 at the local Home Depot.

I think it makes a huge difference. If I bought a real fume curtain or had any material with some insulating value then I bet it would work even better.

73series88
11-21-2011, 10:03 AM
i have an old 101 fume curtain i got used from our hosts. i trimmed it down and put some lift the dot fasteners with studs on the rib of the roof. it makes a huge difference. when i get home tonight i'll post some pics. nice and tight. and it has a window to. the one they sell here is made for a canvas top hoop that i dont think will fit under the hardtop. we went to winter romp and the 88 was nice and warm.
its my year round daily driver so its definately been tested.
:thumb-up:
aaron

73series88
11-21-2011, 10:40 AM
found some from an old post
it works well
and it was only 75 bucks so i wasnt to scared to mess it up.
aaron

antichrist
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
PA Blanchard sells Defender curtains, I expect they would work in a Series.

mongoswede
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
if i ever have a rover running in the winter my plan was just to wire a plug in for my heated riding jacket....much easier to heat myself than the whole truck.:D

east high
11-29-2011, 04:23 PM
if i ever have a rover running in the winter my plan was just to wire a plug in for my heated riding jacket....much easier to heat myself than the whole truck.:D
Plugging yourself into a Lucas electrical system? Have you gone mad? :D

mongoswede
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Plugging yourself into a Lucas electrical system? Have you gone mad? :D

I would be if I had stock wiring. :thumb-up:

Rat Patrol
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Also depends on the roof/top. Curtains don't work well with canvas....I tried while in Montana. I ended up locating a Tropical Top and going that route. OBTW, the Tropical Top makes an excellent winter top once the snow and ice block the top shield- gives an inch or so of dead air space and holds the heat, well what there is of it.