PDA

View Full Version : Replacement foot wells

ThorH
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Has anyone had experience with the replacement footwells from Rovah Farm? How do they compare with the wells available from RN? On the RHD parts, there is quite a bit of difference in cost.

Pete
11-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I have used the footwells from Trevor/Rovahfarm to rebuild 4 or 5 bulkheads and they are a great product. Like any others they need slight triming here and there.

Pete

Skeeball
11-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I used Pegasus parts in the UK for replacement footwells shipping to USA was Fast and overall not that expensive. They are exact replacements of the originals very Nice !
use this link http://www.pegasusparts.co.uk/ourshop_90073/cat_77623-LandRover-Series-2-and-Series-2a.html
click on repair sections
send email to Paul he's a nice guy answers quickly too
Hope that helps

Max(SD)
11-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Sorry to hijack the post, but as I had just taken off the floor in my truck to get to the transmission, I notice that my left and right footwells are nearly identical. My truck is left hand drive, yet the right footwell looks like it contains openings to accommodate pedals. My truck is a 1959. Is this normal, what is the best way to cover these openings on the right side?

bkreutz
11-22-2011, 12:47 AM
This is normal, they only made one body for either side drive. There are panels that close up the holes on the side that's not used.

Max(SD)
11-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Where can I get these panels? Are they plugs or need to be bolted on to the footwell?

HybridIIA
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Has anyone had experience with the replacement footwells from Rovah Farm? How do they compare with the wells available from RN? On the RHD parts, there is quite a bit of difference in cost.

It depends on the level of repair/restoration you are trying to acheive. RN footwells are one of the few that I've seen that have the ribs which match the original.

ThorH
11-22-2011, 08:22 PM
This is a restoration for me, hopefully the vehicle I'm going to drive for quite some time (famous last words, huh?). I just want to do it right. Talked to pegasus in the UK. The SIII footwells won't be in production till around the end of the year. Their reproduction SIII bulkheads won't be in production till May 2012. Their products do look well done.

Been told the Brit Part wells are 20ga. That seems a little thin to me. I read ECR has parts made. They say on the web site they do not do mail order. It also says they are currently not accepting bulkheads for repair because their workload is so high (a good sign!). So, in light of that, maybe they will be willing to ship out some replacement panels.

There are so many options! Maybe, I'll just get everything else done and wait on Pegasus to get their's into production.

albersj51
11-22-2011, 09:23 PM
You could always see if Ike at pangolin4x4.com Is doing bulkhead restos. I know he's busy as heck, but he does great work.

Les Parker
11-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Can anyone offer a comparison between the UK made parts and the ones RN offers?

Is there that much of a saving and quality difference?

RN always respects comparing apples to apples.

ThorH
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I know Ike does great work. He reccomends the RN parts. What gauge are the RN replacements?

Donnie
11-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Thor, check your PM's.................Donnie

junkyddog11
11-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I've had great success with the RN replacement parts. I do a fair amount of bulkhead work. Nice thing about shopping Stateside is if there is an issue it can be solved easily.

Apis Mellifera
11-26-2011, 01:20 PM
I think it was about a year ago that I was looking for foot wells and no one had them or their stock was low. Someone from British Pacific told me that the one (English) place that made them had ceased production. I suspect that someone has started up again and that someone supplies all the retailers. If I had to guess, I'd say it's either AllMakes or Britpart and they're probably buying them from China or India. In the end, I bought from two different suppliers. No appreciable difference. I also bought a patch panel without the side from RN and it was pretty shoddy compared to the complete foot well (basically a flat sheet of galvanized steel, bent and without ribs - think HVAC duct). I've found that Trevor generally has better prices, but since he's a small operation, support is nonexistent. I'd say that all the retailers get their parts from the same places: either it's genuine or it's AllMakes/BritPart.

Crash
11-27-2011, 02:05 PM
I am currently installing footwells from RN along with a few other bulkhead parts. They are heavy gauge galvanized metal with ribs like the originals. I expect they will last longer than the original material!

I had a few challenges fitting it all together but through the use of a jig I made it ended up pretty easy to align everything.

I would recommend the ones from Rover North!

C

ThorH
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Crash,

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!
Thor

Crash
11-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Photos to follow shortly!

C

Crash
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u72Ww6DRetM/TtQxTyBrNxI/AAAAAAAAATs/wdqTBFJlcBY/s432/IMG_0081.jpghttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_7NokqV3_DM/TtQxT8VklsI/AAAAAAAAATw/jb4LION44fo/s432/IMG_0080.jpg

I built this after experiencing some frustration in getting things to line up without distorting the entire bulkhead!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WHrJBlXMeFA/TtQxT_D5jFI/AAAAAAAAAT8/mBmoHmazNlk/s432/IMG_0079.jpg

Les Parker
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Nice work!

Good to see RN's panel work as a finished article.

Thanks for the post.

:thumb-up:

east high
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I need to eventually replace the passenger side footwell. How much of a b*tch would it be to do this without removing the bulkhead? I'm thinking I'd just removing the wings and floor panels.

rrc.swb
11-29-2011, 12:48 PM
I need to eventually replace the passenger side footwell. How much of a b*tch would it be to do this without removing the bulkhead? I'm thinking I'd just removing the wings and floor panels.
RN has a set that does not require to remove the bulkhead. The simplified quick repair version.

Hope this helps...

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3674-simplified-quick-repair-toe-board-lh-series-ii-iii.aspx

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3675-simplified-quick-repair-toe-board-rh-series-ii-iii.aspx