X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LH Drive
    2nd Gear
    • Oct 2006

Series 2A ash tray /lighter

The rusted S2A parts truck that I got my bulkhead and other parts from came with this neat ash tray mount & lighter combo. The lighter looks to be factory installed and wired but not 100% certain. This cigarette lighter is rusted in place as the hard top had been removed 15 years ago and was out in the open. The knob might be all I can save and will transfer to a new 12V lighter.
    I searched for the missing ash tray on the parts truck but didn't have any luck.
    Does anyone have a picture of just the ash tray (w/o mount) so I know what to look for? Thanks
    1972 NAS Series 88 SW
  • JimCT
    5th Gear
    • Nov 2006

not original

Looks like an add on. the LR ashtray is much different than that
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Comment

• LH Drive
      2nd Gear
      • Oct 2006

This is the only picture of an ash tray I found. Looks the same and this guy states its a NOS rover ash tray.

Can someone post pictures of an original early 60's ash tray. Thanks
      1972 NAS Series 88 SW

Comment

• leafsprung
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

That is the stock early type ash tray. I have one NOS in a land rover box.

Comment

• LaneRover
          Overdrive
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LH Drive
          This is the only picture of an ash tray I found. Looks the same and this guy states its a NOS rover ash tray.

Can someone post pictures of an original early 60's ash tray. Thanks
          I believe it was this ashtray placement that made Land Rover realize that if you put something in a vehicle make sure there is someone on the design team that would use it. First time someone used the ashtray where it is and THEN opened the vent the lit cigarette ended up in the back.
          1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
          1965 109 SW - nearly running well
          1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
          1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Comment

• o2batsea
            Overdrive
            • Oct 2006

You can safely de-rust that by placing it in a muriatic acid solution. Also Phosphoric acid, citric acid. These will take all the rust scale off down to clean metal.

Comment

Working...