PDA

View Full Version : Series 2A ash tray /lighter

LH Drive
11-27-2011, 12:02 PM
The rusted S2A parts truck that I got my bulkhead and other parts from came with this neat ash tray mount & lighter combo. The lighter looks to be factory installed and wired but not 100% certain. This cigarette lighter is rusted in place as the hard top had been removed 15 years ago and was out in the open. The knob might be all I can save and will transfer to a new 12V lighter.
I searched for the missing ash tray on the parts truck but didn't have any luck.
Does anyone have a picture of just the ash tray (w/o mount) so I know what to look for? Thanks

JimCT
11-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Looks like an add on. the LR ashtray is much different than that

LH Drive
11-27-2011, 12:46 PM
This is the only picture of an ash tray I found. Looks the same and this guy states its a NOS rover ash tray.

Can someone post pictures of an original early 60's ash tray. Thanks

leafsprung
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
That is the stock early type ash tray. I have one NOS in a land rover box.

LaneRover
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
This is the only picture of an ash tray I found. Looks the same and this guy states its a NOS rover ash tray.

Can someone post pictures of an original early 60's ash tray. Thanks

I believe it was this ashtray placement that made Land Rover realize that if you put something in a vehicle make sure there is someone on the design team that would use it. First time someone used the ashtray where it is and THEN opened the vent the lit cigarette ended up in the back. :D

o2batsea
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
You can safely de-rust that by placing it in a muriatic acid solution. Also Phosphoric acid, citric acid. These will take all the rust scale off down to clean metal.