PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone's cup of tea but worth a look (ebay)

rwollschlager
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM
so he may have gone overboard with the spray gun and alligator skin, but it makes for an interesting truck to say the least.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-LAND-ROVER-SERIES-III-DEFENDER-STYLE-4X4-CONVERTIBLE-SUV-/260900560916?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbee2a014#ht_54577wt_1167

-Rob

jac04
12-02-2011, 01:49 PM
so he may have gone overboard with the spray gun ...

May have? Apparently a "frame on" restoration means spray-painting everything in sight. Look at the carburetor, master cylinder, brake lines, etc. All spray-bombed.

milhouse
12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
May have? Apparently a "frame on" restoration means spray-painting everything in sight. Look at the carburetor, master cylinder, brake lines, etc. All spray-bombed.

I fully agree, I would steer clear of this one just for the fact that you can't tell what everything looks like underneath the new coat of paint. Yeah, everything might look shiny on the outside, but looking closely you can see where they left everything in place, taped, and sprayed (including the battery... look at the edges. You can see black over-spray on the battery itself, plus rust on the inside of the battery holder that they missed).

mongoswede
12-02-2011, 02:49 PM
these guys have a couple of rovers on Ebay right now and I think I looked at their website. At a glance everything looks really nice and well done. On closer inspection it looks like there is a lot of debris underneath that paint which always makes me nervous. I also get worried when I see that everything is painted black...black being the universal cover for hiding problems.

SafeAirOne
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmm. I'll say it. I'd LOVE to have those seats in my 109. Yes. That's right. Not so keen on the other stuff, upper/lower dash steering wheel center, but those seats are GREAT!

...black being the universal cover for hiding problems.

Note to self: Buy some black paint...

LaneRover
12-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Hmm. I'll say it. I'd LOVE to have those seats in my 109. Yes. That's right. Not so keen on the other stuff, upper/lower dash steering wheel center, but those seats are GREAT!

Note to self: Buy some black paint...

Got to agree - I do like the seats! The gator 'pin stripes' on the door not so much but I like those seats.

mrdoiron
12-02-2011, 05:56 PM
so he may have gone overboard with the spray gun and alligator skin, but it makes for an interesting truck to say the least.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-LAND-ROVER-SERIES-III-DEFENDER-STYLE-4X4-CONVERTIBLE-SUV-/260900560916?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbee2a014#ht_54577wt_1167

-Rob
Did they really 'carpet' the bed ?