PDA

View Full Version : Shipping truck to Oregon

Winemark
12-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone,
I got a GREAT new job in Oregon and initially was planning on selling my Series. I am on the fence but may stretch my finances and ship it, who should I use.
thanks in advance,
Mark

Partsman
12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Sharp Auto Transport

180 Weeden St, Pawtucket, RI 02860
(401) 305-3577

I used these guys to move my Land Rover from Georgia to Massachusetts, they charge very fair prices, and do a great job. I paid the price of an open air truck, and it came enclosed. Very good customer service, friendly, and the owner even answers his own phone! I highly recommend them. The only draw back....no web site.

east high
12-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I had my rover shipped from Colorado to Oregon back in '08. I used uShip. No prob.

Terrys
12-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Mark, I'll let you park it out back with the others and it'l be waiting for you when you figure out Oregon ain't New England.

Winemark
12-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Terry,
You are killing me. I am trying to figure out a way to get the buggy there, I love it so much. I lost my job over the summer in a re-org and just landed a dream job and want my faithful sidekick there with me. I will figure a way to get her there and introducer her to the land of no salted roads.
Best,
Mark

SafeAirOne
12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Why not drive it (or buy a 1-way ticket back and drive it if you have another car)?

60dzl
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Where in Oregon are you headed? I'm in Bend.

redmondrover
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
I used Phoenix Auto Transport (based in Vancouver, WA, just across the Columbia River from Portland) to move two 109s (Texas and California to Seattle area). Great communication, honest and delivered as promised both times.

Ships Mechanical in Portland for service on your Series. Ike Goss in Springfield for parts and join the Pacific Coast Rover Club for fun!

mongoswede
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
i shipped a car from portland oregon to newark NJ a couple of years ago for about $800. Took about 5 days to go across country. I used DAS (discount auto shippers...iirc). newark was the hub...cheaper then door to door.

Winemark
12-03-2011, 07:49 AM
@60dlz I am moving to Lake Oswego and working in Newberg at Penner-Ash Wine Cellars as National Sales Manager. I am hoping to keep my truck at the winery as it would be a perfect vehicle to bounce visitors around the vineyard in.

@Safe Air One, Ha! drive it? I'd need to leave now to get to my office by Jan 1

As for Terry, he just wants his truck back ;)

To everyone else thanks for the leads I will start calling transport companies on Monday morning

Terrys
12-03-2011, 08:22 AM
As for Terry, he just wants his truck back ;)

I'm shocked that you think I had such motives,........ but I did.
It wouldn't be this first to come home to the nest.

Firemanshort
12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Drive it - perfect use of Christmas Holiday time.

Plot of course between forum-friends in state to state and you have it made.

Lake Oswego is nice. Invest in Gortex.

Winemark
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I am driving my primary vehicle out and I have a very short window to get to oregon and get to work so it'll have to be shipped. Waiting on a quote from on of the recommended carriers

superstator
12-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've never been to Penner Ash, we'll have to drop by and check it (and this apparently sought-after truck) out.

Winemark
12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! I've never been to Penner Ash, we'll have to drop by and check it (and this apparently sought-after truck) out.

We are at 15771 NE Ribbon Ridge Rd in Newberg, about 10 mins outside of town. We make incedible wines and have a beautiful, enviornmentally sensitive winery.
As far as my truck goes, she is a driver not a showboat, being Poppy Red she is hard to miss. I will be traveling for work alot, like 30 wks a year but if you are going to be coming toward Newberg send me a note and we can taste some wine.- Mark

60dzl
12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Very cool. I actually worked in Newberg for a bit right out of school before I got my current job in Bend. Its a nice area for sure.

Cutter
12-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Congrats on the new job! I shipped my 109 from Bend OR to RI and it ran 750 or so. I don't remember the broker but the truckers they used were dicks and asked for more money because the 109 was too tall, despite my clear warnings. While I had a contract signed I paid the extra money because I wanted the truck Asap but the broker was no help. I'll see if I can find the name. Just be sure to let them know the vehicle height (mine is 7'4" with the rack). I know you can find my story on here with search.

Winemark
12-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the new job! I shipped my 109 from Bend OR to RI and it ran 750 or so. I don't remember the broker but the truckers they used were dicks and asked for more money because the 109 was too tall, despite my clear warnings. While I had a contract signed I paid the extra money because I wanted the truck Asap but the broker was no help. I'll see if I can find the name. Just be sure to let them know the vehicle height (mine is 7'4" with the rack). I know you can find my story on here with search.
Thanks for the heads up, I have never shipped a truck before so any and all advice is welcome.

tmckeon88
12-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I got my 1969 IIA 88" out to Oregon a few years back - by driving it, from Maine, via Fairbanks, AK. Totally worth the trip and you'll be talking about it for years. It also will show you what needs fixing!

Tom