PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold

Lance
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I think I need to replace my intake manifold but don't want to spend a lot of money. Are there any aftermarket manifolds available or does anyone have on for sale cheap? I have a 1967 2.25, are there any years that are any different or better then others?

graniterover
12-11-2011, 02:08 PM
What's wrong with it?

mongoswede
12-12-2011, 08:02 AM
I have a couple I think. PM me your address and when I get a chance I will send you one for the price of shipping.

Terrys
12-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Yes, there are aftermarket ones available. In fact, I doubt there any genuine ones available.
If you have ONE broken stud, it almost always needs to come off to remove it properly, but that's not that hard. When all three are broken, I have been knwn to take the short route and buy a new (aftermarket) I've gotton them from RDS and RN. Last time I replaced one, George (RDS) didn't have any and cautioned me that he had heard some out of our hosts didn't fit with out grinding. Sure enough, I had to mill an 1/8" off the inside edge of the two outside ports to get it to clear the intake manifold (which I documented with some pics) It was a quick job on the Bridgeport, and no big deal, but when Isent the pictures to RN, the owner claimed "first I've ever seen" I always save the old ones unless they are cracked. I keep saying I'm going to build a jig to fit the Brisgeport, and repair them all some rainy day when I'm stuck in the shop. I'm still saying that.

jac04
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
^^Terry, he's asking about an intake manifold not an exhaust manifold.
BTW, I purchased a Genuine exhaust manifold from TNTLR and I still had to do a little grinding to make it fit.

Lance
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
If I seperate the two manifolds & look up inside were the exhaust passes around the intake manifold I have a hole eaten away through 1 of the 4 bolt holes & also a vacuum leak into the intake somewhere I can't find & probably couldn't fix even if I could find it. I have a plate between the two for now but don't want to leave it that way.This leak was causing a misfire on cylinders 3&4.

Terrys
12-13-2011, 07:23 AM
^^Terry, he's asking about an intake manifold not an exhaust manifold.
BTW, I purchased a Genuine exhaust manifold from TNTLR and I still had to do a little grinding to make it fit.
Yup, So he is. Guess the drugs haven't worn off yet. Yesterday was my first day home. The previous week in St. Francis.