PDA

View Full Version : Interior Color

Ncrover725
12-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Being that I have never seen a new bunch of Series vehicles on a car lot I have some questions on interior paint and headliner colors. From the factory did.....1) all interior paint on series vehicles match the exterior color? 2) Were all headliners an off white color (limestone I guess....). Looking through the archives it appears that way but I have seen so many variations I am just curious.

o2batsea
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Being that I have never seen a new bunch of Series vehicles on a car lot I have some questions on interior paint and headliner colors. From the factory did.....1) all interior paint on series vehicles match the exterior color? 2) Were all headliners an off white color (limestone I guess....). Looking through the archives it appears that way but I have seen so many variations I am just curious.

1. Yes
2. Yes

In addition, all the panels were painted before the galvanized hardware was riveted on.

I think the S2 came with interior door cards in elephant hide. The Station wagon variants were fitted with the deluxe interior that included hardura footwells, tunnel cover. In the roof they had the headliner and EH head pads. The 109 had hardura kick panel and hardtop trim panels in EH.
With the S3 it all went to black vinyl.

Badger coachworks shows all these parts (reproduction) on his web site

TeriAnn
12-10-2011, 06:39 PM
.1) all interior paint on series vehicles match the exterior color?

Yes. Through 1966 the instrument panels were exterior coloured as well. Starting 1968 (I think) the instrument panel was painted black

2) Were all headliners an off white color (limestone I guess....).

The cream colour is called Oatmeal. The correct colour is very hard to come by. Oatmeal was also used to cover interior top side pieces. Basically the interior of hard tops were completely upholstered with oatmeal coloured vinyl.

Doors had complete interior paneling. Upholstery was a gray called elephant hide and sometimes rhino hide through 1967. In 1968 North American spec trucks got black deluxe seats & interior door panels.

Hardura a black pebble like sandwiched material was provided on the gearbox tunnel, kick panels, and across the bulkhead underneath the instrument panel. Hardura lining on the seat box was an option in some countries. Exmoor Trim now has a complete Hardura trim kit that includes everything including the seat box.

The floor mats were rubber and there was a rear cargo area rubber mat as well on the stationwagons and maybe other models.