PDA

View Full Version : D1 Tires choices

gstarpro
12-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Ok so i'm new --got a 97 D1 about a month ago so far so goood! -Need a new set of tyres soon -It has Mich Synachorme 4x4 don't make anymore -Was hoping for a good queit road tire -but also a decent in snow -cked out Cooper -Pirelli -& Firestone Destination so far ALL you disco folks please give me some input on your likes & dislikes
Thanks

msggunny
12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I have these on mine now, like them a lot. They are as loud as any regular A/T, havent had them in snow yet but should well.

http://www.goodyear.com/tires/wrangler-duratrac

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/goodyear/gy_wranglerdt_owl_ci2_l.jpg

mearstrae
12-16-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm using Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires right now, kinda noisey though. Have had pretty good luck with A/T Falkens on my R.R. LWB (this will be my third set...). I'm running the Coopers on my Series III, but can't tell if they're noisey or not...

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybris 109
'70 Rover 3500S

gstarpro
12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Which Coopers? --Was tring as per my org. post to get input on a desent handling hway tire that also had desent snow grip -Coopers-Pirrelis-Firestones -Dunlops-Bridgestones-Nokians etc etc so many choises Thanks -D

mearstrae
12-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I've been running Cooper Discoverer M&S tires a couple of winters and they haven't let me down, even off-road. They are load range 'E' tires for light trucks, but then, at a little over one and a half ton, what's a Discovery?

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III Hybrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

gstarpro
12-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks for comback--How are they on the Hway Loud or not? And handling in rain etc.I looked @ the Coopers as i have Zeons on my BMW and they seem fine --but i know its a lot to ask to get desent road handing & low noice & still be ok on Snow --

mearstrae
12-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I know they work well over-all, I've used them on long highway trips and year round. I've been running the same ones for about two years now. I can't say as how loud they are, as my Series is pretty loud on it's own.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
'76 Series III HYbrid 109
'70 Rover 3500S

Trapper69
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM
For the last 18 months I've been running Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2's and think I've finally found a great tire. Last year we got a boat load of snow here in Minnesota and the truck handled awesome. We had an ice storm and the roads were like a skating rink...again, the truck handled awesome (as best it could on glare ice).

I drive everyday for work around the Metro area and the handling is great, the road noise is not too bad (depending on the asphalt below me). I talk on my cellphone via blue-tooth headset and can almost always hear while driving 60+mph.

I highly recommend the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 and think you'd do well with them.

SGFMORover
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
if you haven't purchased yet I now have 70,000+ miles on my set of bridgestone dueler a/t Revo - LOVE em, even wear, quiet and great on highway and off-road is way better than the michelin 4x4 at that were on it before. due for a new set and will be putting the same back on.

1996trek4
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I have 225/75R16 BFG Mud Terrains and they fit great. Little taller than stock and still narrow. I notice the new MT's are quieter than the K/O model 265/75R16's I have on our lifted D2. Not a Michelin ZXL but still very aggresive looking and similar in profile. Same size Camel Discoveries used for the 1997 Mongolia event.