PDA

View Full Version : 2.25P exhaust header

rejeep
12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
I know.. it even felt funny typing it..
but I’m looking for an exhaust header for the 2.25P..
I know the boys overseas makes them.. I just wasn’t sure of there was an outlet on this side of the pond..

I’m buying into the whole "gas flow" concept and would like to open up the exhaust over the winter months, starting with the manifold/header..

I don’t really run in the winter, so the heated Intake manifold really isn’t an issue.

Any suggestions..

LaneRover
12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I know.. it even felt funny typing it..
but I’m looking for an exhaust header for the 2.25P..
I know the boys overseas makes them.. I just wasn’t sure of there was an outlet on this side of the pond..

I’m buying into the whole "gas flow" concept and would like to open up the exhaust over the winter months, starting with the manifold/header..

I don’t really run in the winter, so the heated Intake manifold really isn’t an issue.

Any suggestions..

I don't know of any specific options over here but what about contacting the places across the pond to see what it would cost to get one from over there? That way even if you find one here you have a good price to go off of.

lew_sa
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
I had headers on my 2.25p for a while and they did not work well for me. It created a lot of hesitation on acceleration. I'm no engine expert, but it appears that with the stock set-up the exhaust manifold connects to the intake manifold to warm it, and presumably, the gas up. When running headers, they don't mate up to the intake manifold to warm it up.

For a while I ran a Weber 32/36 with a Pierce intake manifold and set of headers. The engine always bogged down when trying to accelerate. I switched over to a Rochester carb with standard intake manifold and had the same problem. I then removed the headers and switched over to a standard exhaust manifold. That fixed the problem.

That being said, I have a spare header.

Lew